Unit 76 Sept 2 pics

R

rocketman

Mark went to spike camp in basin 3 and got into 400
head with good bugling and some very good bulls.
He went back yesterday afternoon. I went into basin 5
to my fall camp and the 1000 were back. Over 1000 bugles
yesterday AM and great rutting action. Everything
including wallowing sparing and chasing cows. Going
back this afternoon. Weather has been great but big
change this weekend from hurricane in Pacific.

4a9e78012b3852d2.jpg

4a9e782a2e9eddc7.jpg

4a9e78502fb4d1c2.jpg

4a9e787330d38012.jpg

4a9e789a31bba5ad.jpg

4a9e78c93371804d.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-09 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]You just told me he was good-
and he is.
I should call back on the ML voucher--
too late for me

He reminds me of the one last year-
3 started at 70yd, 2 went out 1 mile,
and he came back to 150yd with cows.
Maybe not quite as wide, but same place.

Awesome bull--if you had to score him, would he make the 350 mark or bigger?
Thanks--i'm not the best at judging size

Rocketman...My buddy and I have been drooling over your photos and elk commentary for the last few months. We normally hunt UNIT 18 for archery and decided to try something different this year. We bought some tags for unit 76 and by the looks of things there, we may be in for some good fun. I would like to see if we can try and hook up with you somehow when we arrive. We will be coming in the evening of the 8th, likely after dark. We plan to have a nice camp since I tore my ACL this year(still trying to figure out how to get the jacuzzi up there), but still plan to spend some nights up with the elk with bare essentials. Before we level the RV (and fill the jacuzzi) we were hoping we could spend a few minutes with you. We'd be happy to buy dinner or we could share a bag of Mountain Man freeze dried beef stroganoff. Your choice. Of course, we'll have some of Purina's finest dog biscuits for ol' Rocketdog too for all his hard scouting. Please let me know if you can make some time for us! Thanks! D (kidding about the jacuzzi by the way...)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom