Unit 8 javalina hunting

Felix19

I just moved to arizona this year and I'm looking to try spot and stalking some game for the first time as I used to sit in a tree and either freeze or create a new pond underneath me in the early season in southeast Georgia and was wondering if the bear and mc caynons were accessible during the january months typically by foot. I'm planning a few days in the backcountry starting january first and it's been dumping some snow already and I was curious to know how badly that throws odd javalina activities as well. I've been told and read they can't keep warm so I would assume I'd be glassing warmer areas but was just curious to know if that sounded at all like I would have eyes on anyth in my at all or if I should start changing my plans here. Thanks for the information I've gathered as well from other posts. Its been a lot to start wrapping my head around.

Those 2 canyons are accessible depending on the weather that time of year. You are correct that Javelina do not like the cold. If its windy, cloudy & cold they will huddle close together under bushes.
They definitely prefer warm sunshine. Get on a high point & glass sunny slopes. Look for tracks & areas where they have been rooting up vegetation. Good luck had that hunt in 2014, when a major snow storm hit. As soon as the sun came out we were into them in the lower country. Javelina are a blast to hunt with archery gear!

I appreciate it. I've heard good things about hunting javalina. When I first got to arizona I put my bow away only to end up upgrading about 6 months later when I learned that desert deer were a real thing.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom