Unit 85 Bosgue del Oso

L

LaGriz

NR with 16 points: Is this a hunt any of you res. might opt for?
Or would I be flushing my points on a less than quality unit.

I like the muzzy dates. I would not be turned off to a outfitted hunt ,but would perfer a DIY with an option to pack meat with an outfitter. Sept. 10th - 18th should put me in the rut somewhat. I think hunting water sources would be worth while at that time also. Work restraints and distance will make scouting impossible. $4 fuel won't help any either.
Would be greatfull for any help!

Griz

A muzzy hunt in the bosque would be a major disappointment. The elk migrate into the are predominately from the hill ranch and surround areas. As far as outfitters, the bosque is a non outfitted area for as far as I know. The later the better in the bosque. I drew last year four the third season (which is the premier hunt) and it still was rather tough with the warm weather. Did end up with a nice bull though. I can help you out if you'd like if you shoot me a PM.

Do you know how many points were nessary to draw the rifle hunt for a non-res? If this only takes 3 or 4 points I might not choose to burn them on this unit.

Thanks for the responce

Griz

Haha 3 or 4 points would be an absolute dream! You need to look into the draw odds. But with 16 points you could draw the 2nd season most likely, which could be a good hunt (weather dependent) but for the third season as a non res you're looking at probably 19 points. You could pull a muzzy tag but I'll warn you it will be a tough hunt as far as seeing elk, lots of bear that time of year though.

Never in a millon years would you draw with 3 or 4 points. You could pull a 2nd rifle tag with 16 points. Which could be a good hunt (weather dependent) As far as the third rifle season goes you're looking 19 plus points..

Eh so so. Just not alot of elk in there that early in the year. The Bosque is an area the bulls migrate into from the Hill ranch and surrounding areas. Hardly any cows in there until late november. In my time hunting in the third season I did not see a SINGLE cow in the entire area. So obviously not the place to be if you're a bull in the rut looking for cows.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom