Unit 89 Rattlesnake Hills Deer Help?

MTQuivers

Has anyone hunted this unit or knows about the trophy quality available? Some friends and I are looking to hunt this area and we were told that there are a lot of deer with a 50 to 100 buck to doe ratio. Is that true? What kind of quality can a guy expect to see? What about the archery hunt? Any help would be appreciated!

Jason Yates
Basin Archery Shop
http://www.basinarcheryshop.com
5% OFF to all MonsterMuleys.com Members!!!
Discount code = monstermuleys

I was in 89 this year and saw lots of dink forked horn and 3x bucks. There is a lot of private land to contend with...that isn't in the walk in and hunter management areas.

Have hunted it when I could draw it, There a some nice deer but don't expect to find one behind every bush. You have to be careful of your location as there are areas of private property.
50 bucks for 100 does somebody was asleap on a rock and dreaming. A 150 to 160 4x4 would be a nice buck for the area, there are bigger ones to be found if you put in the time with a little luck

I hunted the unit last year with an outfitter on private land. Saw lots of small bucks, only saw one shooter for a few seconds. Never pulled the trigger in 6 days of hunting. I can't imagine the public areas would be much better. If I had known I wouldn't have burned all my points.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom