Unit 9 Youth Encouragement Hunt

Rocketeer

Saw the earlier post on Unit 9 but was wonderining if anyone else had info on the unit that could be useful. North end of the unit, South end...Ranger, Owl Hoot, ..., National Forrest, BLM, Road Closures? Bringing my 14 year old daughter there for the youth encouragement hunt between Christmas and New Years. You can PM me if you so desire.

Thanks,
Roger

Thanks to those that have contacted me to provide some advise and suggestions. A little additonal information since the last post, the trip has now been cut to 3 days of actual hunting so that seriously reduces the time we have to locate any animals. So, therefore, if anyone would care to provide other information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Roger

Went up scouting yesterday with my brother-in-law (He has the youth tag) and didnt see much of anything. They closed down FR 239 from 555 all the way across the mesa to the northern end. We hiked in about two miles from the south side up around hoot tank but nothing.
Ended up seeing two bulls (one big boy pushing 330) but naturally they were on private.
Talked with cons. officer today and he stated that it will be closed for the rest of the winter for wildlife and to protect the roads.
Sound like its going to be a tough hunt and we are going to tent it! GOOD TIMES
rocketeer sending you a pm

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom