Units 46 & 47

B

Bigmike2

Trying to get a jump on next year and was wondering if anyone was willing to share any info on these areas as far as where to find some big bucks no matter how hard they are to get.

Thanks ahead of time for any info.

You are kidding right?
Unit 47 is a hasbeen unit for good deer. 20 years ago a guy could find a dang nice deer about any place in the unit. Since the hard winter what was it 93? That killed about every deer in the unit. It has never came back. I helped do a spot light count about 10 top 12 years ago with F&G. We went through some of the best places I knew. We didn't see a good buck and we saw very few deer at all. I have helped a friend get a couple of deer in 47 the last couple of years. If a guy wants 18 to 20" bucks your in luck. Unit 46 has never had much of a population of deer. It is hunted HARD because it is close to Twin Falls, Buhl, Castelford, Hagerman, Glensferry, Indian cove. if you are looking for a big buck you will be looking for a very long time, but good luck. Ron

Hey idahoron i really appreciate the info. If you were planning on a general rifle or general archery, which units of the available 38 39 43 46 47 53 54 55 56 and 57 for archery and 46 39 43 Would you be hunting for if you dont mind me asking

For archery I would look at 43 in a back country area. 54 because of the big bucks. and 55 late season. For open rifle I would hunt as early as I could and I would hunt 43. The HOG bucks in 45 are out of 43 ands 44. I would hunt 39 in the queens river and the area on the 43 39 border. An early hunt in 39 would be great for a velvet buck. Ron

>For archery I would look at
>43 in a back country
>area. 54 because of the
>big bucks. and 55 late
>season. For open rifle I
>would hunt as early as
>I could and I would
>hunt 43. The HOG bucks
>in 45 are out of
>43 ands 44. I would
>hunt 39 in the queens
>river and the area on
>the 43 39 border. An
>early hunt in 39 would
>be great for a velvet
>buck. Ron

Ron

Excellent advice you gave to Bigmike2. My advice to him is to take it. Been hunting Idaho since the 1970's.

Ransom

Hey guys i aprreciate all the advice im deffinately gonna use it on the archery tag

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-07 AT 06:51PM (MST)[p]>>For archery I would look at
>>43 in a back country
>>area. 54 because of the
>>big bucks. and 55 late
>>season. For open rifle I
>>would hunt as early as
>>I could and I would
>>hunt 43. The HOG bucks
>>in 45 are out of
>>43 ands 44. I would
>>hunt 39 in the queens
>>river and the area on
>>the 43 39 border. An
>>early hunt in 39 would
>>be great for a velvet
>>buck. Ron
>
>
>Ron
>
>Excellent advice you gave to Bigmike2.
>My advice to him is
>to take it. Been hunting
>Idaho since the 1970's.
>
>
>Ransom

Advice like that should maybe not be posted for all to see. Thats wnat the private message functions are for....

Unit 54 is a hot unit during archery season i almost garntee if you go there u should find one good luck for next year I got a really nice rifle buck in that unit this year 24 in wide 4 point opening day so talk back

well i idahoron uyou gave some good advice but i think you should think about how many out of staters and other people look at these forums t see where to hunt, so hopefully these aren't places you like to hunt.

Ron,

I must be older than you, because I've been hunting Idaho even longer. I, too, would say the specifics maybe should be on PM, but you do give good advice.....besides lots of people aren't going to walk far enough....most hunters are a bit lazier than they fess up to being.

Why should it be a PM? I didn't pin point anything. Anyone willing to scout and walk should do well. I don't have a problem giving this kind of info out. Ron

Pictures

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-08 AT 04:53AM (MST)[p]Hey Ron thanks for the pics you sent they were awesome.

Idahoron you seem like a great guy that you would give advice to someone in need. However just because you have better spots to hunt now doesn't mean you should direct people to these other spots. There are other hunters that hunt those areas that don't appreciate the added competition. Ya I know you didn't pinpoint an exact location, but you gave a starting point for people to get in a eventually find the best spots. Ya one person is okay (PM) but post it on a highly viewed forum I have to disagree with.

I'm a non-resident who has hunted 43 for the past 2 years. You aren't going to be able to just go anywhere (road hunt or walk trails) in 43 and be successful, you gotta work really hard for it.

Doe hunting would be different.

I don't think his post is hurting anything at all.

-Dave

If Idahoron is giving away your super seceret honey hole then why are you confirming it by telling him to keep it quiet.

My intention was not to give away any-one's honey hole. The info was general and not very specific. If I gave away any-one's honey hole I am sorry, but there is a lot of country in the areas I pointed out. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom