"Unplugged" desert bighorn sheep horns?

BigFin

I am helping a client find taxidermy mounts for his B&B. I have found a great group of mounts in UT that are being sold in a private estate sale.

Some great mule deer, a moose, and of all things, a really nice desert big horn. Why someone would sell all of grandpa's mounts is beyond me, but they want to get rid of them.

BUT, the sheep does not have a plug in the horns. The family seemed in disbelief when I told them that grandpa needed to get that sheep "plugged." Maybe I am wrong, but all other states I know of, require the horns to be plugged.

The condition of the hide and mount make me think this thing was shot 20 years ago and has not been well taken care of. Does anyone know if ths problem can be corrected with UTDWR?

Client certainly doesn't want to buy something that will get him in trouble. I don't want to help him get in trouble.

I called UTDWR in SLC and no one seemed to be able to provide an answer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-08 AT 07:18PM (MST)[p]I'm surprised he could even have it mounted without a plug.I find this very strange as well.

You probably just got gramps Desert confiscated. Its illegal to possess an unpluged sheep in Ut.

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

It is legal to pick up dead heads in some states such as Az. Altough it is leggal there they will not plug them. And it is still illegal to bring them into ut. unplugged.

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

if it was shot before they started the plus thing i dont think they need it plugged. my grandpa asked the sheep biologist in nd here and he said they are kind of just grandfathered in because he has some that are unplugged also. that could just be north dakota rules tho...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom