Unreal

ELKMAN

I am not really into guns. I own a couple shotguns, a rifle, and a few bows etc.

My dad, purchased me a Ben. Shotgun at Big 5 Sports for Xmas.

He is a big time criminal. He has one speeding ticket, and is a retired school teacher!

He was denied! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Now, he has to file an appeal etc. You can not make this up!

Maybe he made a mistake and told them he was buying it for you???

Other possibility was to buy it from Big 5. My experience they cannot find their azz with both hands when it comes to dealing with guns. Maybe they screwed up his application.

+1 Pual most people working there dont even know the difference between a rifle and shotgun let alone how to fill out the paper work correctly.

there are lots of things that can happen. i know of a guy that was denied for a felony that he didn't commit. the law enforcement agency posted the crime to the wrong guy. better get your dad to have his record checked thoroughly. could be big 5 transposed a SS# or something like that too.

Elkman
Maybe they have seen your posts on here and decide you don't need to hunt because you never get tags. LOL
I'm sure it a typo somewhere along the line.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I would have to agree with everybody above, most clerks at Big 5 aren't exactly the sharpest tool in the drawer.

Two years ago I went there to get a fish/hunt combo for my wife. I had to fill the license out to get it correct, the clerk had NO idea what he was doing. Probably the same thing with your Dad.

But he should check and make sure!!

They could maybe set you up with a painball gun, airsoft or sunglasses?

Maybe you can borrow a shotgun from your parole officer??? :)

I'm wondering why he just didn't go down with his paper route money and buy it himself?

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HA

Guess, I will be shooting ducks with a sling shot next year!

I will need some form of protection, from these darn NR! They want all all tags!

I hope he buys you a BB gun then, they don't hurt as bad.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Yeh Big 5 can be a piece of work when it comes to gun registering paperwork.

Worst part is the "denied" it will be on record in the ATF computer system and flagged. He should try and get that off the record.

If it was stated on the application that the firearm/shotgun was for another person it is an automatic denial. Federal law prohibits the purchase of a firearm for another person. i found that out when i wanted to get my son a Glock for the backcountry. He had to go down and make the purchase, fill out the papers and get the pistol registerd in his name. You can do it make a purchase then gift a gun to an immediate family member but all this paper/registration cr&*p makes things more difficult that in the past.

)))).......>

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom