Upcoming WT Season

T

TK

Seems like everyone is wrapped up in Elk and Mulies lately but my attention turns to Whitetails this weekend. Not sure about other states but Bow seasons opens this weekend for us in Texas.
Hopefully will start seeing some pics of some monster deer as you all out west call them "Whities'

TK,

I'll be out there Saturday morning......

Supposed to get up to 91 where I live, but I'll
be looking. Big acorn crop may hurt me some, but I
think the hunting will get better as the days progress.

We let some dang good bucks walk last year that have
had a spring and summer of this rain........

It should be gooood.

Larry

Question for you experienced white tail guys. I have read comments about full moon and the rut. Guys actually planning their hunts during the full moon in Nov. Can you shed some light on this?

Buckshot

If the full moon falls close or near to the normal rut date I have seen that you will see more activity at that time especially if the weather is right. What I hope for in the south is cool weather with overcast drizzley type days around the time of our rut which is usually Dec 15. Hunting can be off the charts if all of these come together at same time. I have rattled in as much as 20 Bucks a day during peak times.

Tom,

Our deer start Rut'n down here around the first of
Nov. They've got their mind's on it.

Good Rattling is usually in the last week of OCT.

Right before they're ready..................

Make's em Mad.

Hell, I'm the same way..........

lrv

I agree just b4 the rut is when they come to horns the best.
Weather dosen't look to great for opening weekend but that won't keep me out of the woods. Should be one hell of a WT season. Good Luck

How bout it IRV, How has the hunting been going? Knocked down any Bucks yet. I have not let an arrow fly yet. Got a few on the radar but Mother Nature has not been cooperting. Can't hunt the areas because I need a North wind and all that blows on the weekends is SE. I have had some freinds down that have shot some bucks w/ rifle but no braggin size horns. The body weights have been excellent. Three of them were 200 on the hoof. Two were 4 1/2 year old and one 7 1/2. Looks like maybe a cool down over Thanksgiving so hopefully things will pick up.

Tom,

Where to begin....
Saw the biggest deer I've ever seen while hunting last
Sunday morning. His drivers side was busted off about
two inches above his brow tine. His pasanger side was
something I'm not even going to try to describe here.
I've got some marginal video of it, and will send you
if you're interested.

I sat a bow stand this afternoon and saw two real respectable
bucks, but they were both 2 1/2 years old imo.

Hog's are showing themselves more and more.

Rut seems really, really late here.

What think you ??

Larry

Like to see the video. Always like seeing Big deer. To bad he was broke up. The bucks will start breaking horns in another week or two around my parts. I can't believe all the monsters that have been killed this year so far. Our rut dosen't start till Dec 10 or so.

Nothing really to brag about. Took 13 Bucks off the place but nothing over 130. All were management type deer. Took a couple of 9 1/2 year olds. All had great body weights. Got some pictures of some real nice up and comers but like fine wine they need a little more age. Would like to see your pics. Email em to me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom