upper bitterroot valley

elkaholic123

9306upper_bitterroot_valley.jpg

Good Golly...can you PLEASE get us a better picture! WHAT A MONSTER BUCK!!!

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/...=news&ID=7DA642F9-FE34-4519-A5FC-984CC4F3251C

Anyone out there know which unit? I just moved to the Bitteroot, used to hunting muleys a little more to the east but have been thinking heavily about these tags...Maybe someone has some advice on which is the best unit to explore?

I live right up against the forest service in the Bitteroots, and it seems like it wasn't until just very recently that the muleys moved down out of the high country, seen a dandy buck out walking the dog 2 days ago, but he didn't look like that!

Any personal experience Nonya? I'll have to go do some scouting down there.

That particualar buck says upper bitteroot valley...? I don't know the country too well just yet but it kinda looks like the bitteroot range in the pic...Anyone know where that buck was killed?

The buck was taken in 270 by a gal from Victor. Due to lots of attention in magazines and TV, our little Valley and its muleys are a secret no more. Check the draw odds in 270. Pretty dismal. I personally don't think it is the best area anyway. mtmuley

Rumor has it that this buck was taken in 270 without a 270 tag and said it was killed in the upper bitteroot which is not in the upper b-root.?????????

The rumor is wrong, and last I checked 270 is in the Bitteroot Valley. Since the river flows toward Missoula from there, I'd have to classify that area as "upper". You can argue that if you want. mtmuley

I have been involved in two recent 270 hunts,one last year and the other 3 years ago,the first one was a tough hunt,only because the shooter was way too picky,ended up taking a 170 class buck on the last day,passed up several bigger during archery.The other hunt was a one day deal,the shooter wasnt picky and she ended up killing a 180 class deer on the first morning,this hunt was on private land but the deer did cross back and forth.

Taken in 270. I know the exact area he came from. I sent a guy up there that drew the super tag. He didn't find anything and 2 days later in the same area this tanker was shot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom