Urgent ATV - Senate Hearings 6/5/08

T

TFinalshot

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-08 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]If youre going to be in DC, go catch this hearing. Or, if you want to watch them, they will be webcast, you need real player and then go here on thursday at 9:30 EST, and you can watch it live: http://energy.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Hearings.Nowebcast

I'll track it and if possible post the testimony or a link to it that way people make make up their own minds and see how their respective sides addressed the issues. No need to have anyone TELL us what they think was said. . . This hearing will be before the entire Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

HEARING:

Full Committee Oversight Hearing: To receive testimony regarding off-highway vehicle management on public lands (SD-366)
Thursday, June 5, 2008 09:30 AM

The purpose of the hearing is to receive testimony regarding off-highway vehicle management on public lands.

Witnesses

Panel 1
Mr. Henri Bisson , Bureau of Land Management
Mr. Joel Holtrop , Deputy Chief of the National Forest System, U.S. Forest Service

Panel 2
Ed Moreland , Vice President of Government Relations, American Motorcyclist Association
Greg Mumm , Executive Director, BlueRibbon Coalition
Nada Culver , Senior Counsel, The Wilderness Society, Denver CO
Brad Powell , Arizona Public Lands Coordinator, Trout Unlimited
Frank Adams , Executive Director, Nevada Sherrifs' and Chiefs' Association

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

It will be intresting to see what happens.
The Chairman, Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)does not have a history of being sportsman friendly however.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

sportsman friendly or ATV friendly? Try not to lump everything together, you can ride an ATV and be a sportsman but because you ride an ATV doesnt make you a sportsman, contrary to popular rhetoric

"Or, if you want to watch them, they will be webcast, you need real player and then go here on thursday at 9:30 EST, and you can watch it live:"

Great so I can yell at my puter about some A Ho1e that doesnt know an atv from a hole in the ground tell my what I can and cant do on mine.

"If your not on a Sportsman I'll meat you back at the truck"

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

mind being more specific? I watched the entire hearing, I thought it was well balanced and accurate on both sides. .

well, Larry Craig is hard to listen to, but that's just because he's a liar. . . and cant be trusted. . .

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom