Used Remington 700 7MM REM Mag

joesikora

Long Time Member
Is this rifle worth its salt?
there’s a website that has several Remington 700’s in different calibers from what I saw they are going for $500 or less

what say you

As a Remington owner of a model 700 in 30-06, I say they are pretty frickin reliable. My gun, which I bought used, is at least 50 y/o and is my go to gun for all big game and hasn't let me down.

And when paired with complementary accessories and color-matched, it dazzles on the runway, with or without flat-brimmed head gear.

Buying used guns priced on the bottom end of the market spectrum. That’s a power move if I’ve ever seen one.

Never mind the red flags that throws up.

This is the exact gun I have. My dad bought it roundabout 1993, kept it hidden for 6 years until I graduated high school. The price tag on it was $369 or close.

I've killed many deer with this gun and love it. It is the "Classic Hunting Rifle" in my mind. Beautiful all around.

Saw the same gun in 30-O6 at Smith and Edwards last year for $1100, no scope. Id say if you can check the guns, it could be very worth it, but we all know used guns can be risky...

It depends on condition. If it spent years on a boat shooting saltwater crocs and never cleaned....just saying.

Last edited:
First is it a BDL?
Second what year?

You get 1980 to mid 1990 model they will see easily for over a grand. Great rifles.

Here’s one
REMINGTON MODEL 700 .30-06 CAL BOLT ACTION RIFLE

Lot 97272: REMINGTON MODEL 700 .30-06 CAL BOLT ACTION RIFLE​

Est: $300 USD - $600 USDSold: $600 USD
Centurion AuctionsJune 23, 2023Tallahassee, FL, US

I think it’s a good price for nice gun
what say you

Love my 7mm ADL. Remington had the the trigger racall about 6 or 7 years ago think the trigger was upgraded to a 2 or 3lb pull and now its a tack driver.

An ADL sells for less than CDL or BDL which sell for less than a Mountain Rifle or Classic which both routinely approach $1,000 to $1500, sometimes more, in excellent condition depending on caliber. 30/06 is probably the least expensive chambering leading to great deals on EXCELLENT rifles in the ADL/BDL iterations, from a few hundred bucks to maybe twice that. Low production # chamberings go for more $$. Rifles from late 1970’s into even the early 2000’s are very desirable in walnut or custom shop or quality aftermarket stocks. Rifles from late 2000’s to bankruptcy, are much less sought after, particularly if in a black plastic stock - though they would likely be good enough for an inexpensive utility gun or amateur build, given a once over for fit and finish or trigger. Accuracy should be good in all and a decent Rem 700 action will last multiple lifetimes with essentially unlimited supply of spare and aftermarket parts for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
An ADL sells for less than CDL or BDL which sell for less than a Mountain Rifle or Classic which both routinely approach $1,000 to $1500, sometimes more, in excellent condition depending on caliber. 30/06 is probably the least expensive chambering leading to great deals on EXCELLENT rifles in the ADL/BDL iterations, from a few hundred bucks to maybe twice that. Low production # chamberings go for more $$. Rifles from late 1970’s into even the early 2000’s are very desirable in walnut or custom shop or quality aftermarket stocks. Rifles from late 2000’s to bankruptcy, are much less sought after, particularly if in a black plastic stock - though they would likely be good enough for an inexpensive utility gun or amateur build, given a once over for fit and finish or trigger. Accuracy should be good in all and a decent Rem 700 action will last multiple lifetimes with essentially unlimited supply of spare and aftermarket parts for the foreseeable future.
Buy them all…..let God sort them out.

I follow that website and have my FFL. You'll end up paying a commission on top of the sales price. Then often a fee to someone to come and get it. Then shipping. And a transfer fee if you don't have an FFL. Sometimes you have to pay sales tax, even if you have a license and should be sales tax exempt.

All of that can easily add on a another $100-150 or more to purchase cost.

My experience has been you can find good used Remington 700's at a pawn shop or a gunshow as cheap or cheaper. I've bought several of the local ones and use the rifle or action for builds. I'll then Cerakote them and fix them up with a new threaded barrel, stock etc and resell them. Those older 700's are good actions if they are blueprinted. I have built quite a few rifles with those actions and every one shot well. Just need to stay away from the late model 700's.

Agreed!

Can Anybody Believe Remington Would Stoop Low & Start Producing Lesser Quality Products?

Ya!

We Can Believe It!

We've Seen Savage Do It!

We've Seen Winchester Do It!

And We've Seen Others Do It!

They'd Of Been Way Better Off To Build A High Quality Gun,Better Than Most & They'd Of Sold Them Left & Right!

Savage Did Decide To Go Up In Quality Which Mighta Saved Them?

CVA Did The Same!

Them 2 Brands I Swore I'd Never Buy Again But Thanks To Them Changing Their Ways I've Changed My Tune!

F'N China Will Be Building Them Before Long if Not Already!

I follow that website and have my FFL. You'll end up paying a commission on top of the sales price. Then often a fee to someone to come and get it. Then shipping. And a transfer fee if you don't have an FFL. Sometimes you have to pay sales tax, even if you have a license and should be sales tax exempt.

All of that can easily add on a another $100-150 or more to purchase cost.

My experience has been you can find good used Remington 700's at a pawn shop or a gunshow as cheap or cheaper. I've bought several of the local ones and use the rifle or action for builds. I'll then Cerakote them and fix them up with a new threaded barrel, stock etc and resell them. Those older 700's are good actions if they are blueprinted. I have built quite a few rifles with those actions and every one shot well. Just need to stay away from the late model 700's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom