UT General Season 2019

GLEDEASY

This was suppose to be the year I was going to hold out for something special. This was going to be the year I helped my brother get his best buck. In the end I guess I accomplished both.

I spent somewhere around 16 hunting days (aside from scouting) throughout archery, muzzle loader, and rifle seasons. I had one particular buck I found in July and decided it was him or bust. I was able to keep my trigger finger at bay, including a great 3x4 I watched at 15 yards for 45 minutes trying to decide. As far as my target buck, I had opportunities on both archery and muzzle loader that just didn't work out.

First rifle season we got my brother his best buck on day 2. No sightings of my target buck.

To this point my kids hadn't followed around much. Opening weekend of the second rifle season I wanted my kids to tag along and just have a good time. Things on opening morning happened fast. I had already passed a few bucks that my 6 year old asked why I wasn't shooting them. Then a deep forked 4 point showed up and I had to make a quick decision.

Hopefully my target buck made it through. As for my buck it's hard to replace moments in the outdoors with your kids.

When I walked up to my buck I immediately knew I had his last years shed. I was hesitant to drag him by the antlers because I found that shed on October 31.

41280img20191013191443437.jpg

66192img952019101995110311.jpg

Nice bucks and you can't replace hunting with your kids. Well done it don't get any better.

Life ain't about waiting for the Strom to pass.Its about learning to hunt in the rain!

Congratulations to you and your Bro on a fine season. Good on ya for bringing out the kids and getting them to develop an appreciation for the hunt and the outdoors.

May I ask the model and caliber of your rifle? Looks like a Nightforce scope too. Awesome looking rig

Thanks guys. Lots of anatomy questions while taking care of the deer :)

We got my brother's antlers injected. He'd like a euro done. We haven't yet worked on it just trying to figure out the best way.

The rifle is a 7mm-08. I actually had it on the chopping block earlier this year. I hadn't rifle hunted for about 5 years.

Looks and sounds like some great times were had. Nice bucks for you two.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom