utah appl. question

KLL

Hey Guys, need a little help, can I do this or how/what can I do? I want to apply for a Limited Elk area tag, I would also like to get/buy a prefence point for a Limited Deer Area. Is this possible in the same year? Thanks, Kevin

You can not apply for LTD entry elk and a LTD deer BONUS Point. You can apply for LTD elk and Gen. deer Preference Point.

Thanks 2-point, I guess I was wanting the best of both worlds. It's a tough decision when you have to choose between a good elk area and a good deer area. If you had 5 bonus points for elk, where would use them for a good hunt for a chance at a 300-340 class elk?(rifle) Thanks Again, Kevin

KLL

Any of the LE elk units will have a 300 - 340 class elk. You just have to hunt long and hard enough to find one (easier said than done), plus you must be able to pass on the 260 - 300 class bulls. With only 5 pts, your odds of drawing are not very good, but hey, someone with 0 pts will beat the odds and draw a permit somewhere. If you are at all familiar with any one of the LE units, then I suggest you apply there and cross your fingers. If your a non-res and not familiar with any of the units, then it really doesn't matter which one you apply for (IMO).

Smokepole

I'd agree 100% with Smokepole. Any unit in the state has 320+ bulls, just some have more than others.

Just keep buying points. There are a lot of hunters with 7-8-9-10 points ahead of you, including me. Unless you are lucky.

Any of the LE will turn a good bull. Look for a 370+ don't settle for a 330-350. Utah produced seven 400+ bulls last year on LE units. The trouble is not shooting the first bull you see and being willing to spend the time hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom