Utah Constitutional Carry Bill

UGAhunter

Please call and email the Governor and urge him to sign H 076, the constitutional carry bill that will allow the concealed carry of unloaded weapons. This bill passed the Senate today. The Gov. will be getting tremendous pressure from the left to veto this bill. Every voice will be important!

If your from Cache Vally (or not), give Senator Hillyard an earful for being only one of two republicans to vote against this bill! His opposition to this bill really ticks me off!

As with so many things, this bill has morphed in to something that is not even pertinent to the overall discussion. "Constitutional Carry". The bill requires the gun to be unloaded... yeah, there are some edge circumstances that this affects, but a true "Constitutional Carry" bill would allow the concealed carry of a LOADED firearm without a permit.

An unloaded firearm is nothing more than a club... and an unloaded handgun is a piss poor club.

sled_guy

Loaded mag is okay. Not in chamber.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Listen people its a right to bear arms, free speech, and religion among other things. Did you have to pass a background check to talk? How about going to church did you have to pass a background check for that also? No so stop your b.s. about guns and those who use them legally as this is a right written into our bill of rights. If you happen to hate guns don't buy them, you hate religion stop going to church, and if you hate free speech stop talking its the simple things in life that make sense and not your anti this or that bull crap.

Who are you talking to? No one on this thread, and I'd be willing to bet, no one on this site, is anti gun. I appreciate right to your rant, but it doesn't really add anything to this discussion.

sled_guy

>Listen people its a right to
>bear arms, free speech, and
>religion among other things. Did
>you have to pass a
>background check to talk? How
>about going to church did
>you have to pass a
>background check for that also?
>No so stop your b.s.
>about guns and those who
>use them legally as this
>is a right written into
>our bill of rights. If
>you happen to hate guns
>don't buy them, you hate
>religion stop going to church,
>and if you hate free
>speech stop talking its the
>simple things in life that
>make sense and not your
>anti this or that bull
>crap.

Wymoose.

Utah unloaded for revolvers requires two empty chambers (the one under the hammer and the next chamber that will rotate under the hammer. It must take two mechanical actions to fire to be "unloaded".

>Who are you talking to?
>No one on this thread,
>and I'd be willing to
>bet, no one on this
>site, is anti gun.
>I appreciate right to your
>rant, but it doesn't really
>add anything to this discussion.
>
>
>sled_guy
>
>>Listen people its a right to
>>bear arms, free speech, and
>>religion among other things. Did
>>you have to pass a
>>background check to talk? How
>>about going to church did
>>you have to pass a
>>background check for that also?
>>No so stop your b.s.
>>about guns and those who
>>use them legally as this
>>is a right written into
>>our bill of rights. If
>>you happen to hate guns
>>don't buy them, you hate
>>religion stop going to church,
>>and if you hate free
>>speech stop talking its the
>>simple things in life that
>>make sense and not your
>>anti this or that bull
>>crap.

You might want to take a closer look. There are a token few around here who are all to willing to ban guns they are not personally interested in. There are also a token few who have grossly misinterpreted the 2nd Amendment to be about hunting game.

That bill is stupid...just what we need more idiots carrying around guns w/ loaded mags. What we needed was a stricter concealed carry law that actually made the permit requestor shoot the damn gun and verify they are proficient with it before being issued a permit. Universal background checks would be great too. Seems everytime I try and sell a gun I get calls from people trying to buy but won't do a check if they don't have a concealed carry permit. I love my guns but we need to keep them out of the idiots hands so we don't have any more mass shootings.

>That bill is stupid...just what we
>need more idiots carrying around
>guns w/ loaded mags.
>What we needed was a
>stricter concealed carry law that
>actually made the permit requestor
>shoot the damn gun and
>verify they are proficient with
>it before being issued a
>permit. Universal background checks
>would be great too.
>Seems everytime I try and
>sell a gun I get
>calls from people trying to
>buy but won't do a
>check if they don't have
>a concealed carry permit.
>I love my guns but
>we need to keep them
>out of the idiots hands
>so we don't have any
>more mass shootings.

That's high comedy right there! Because we all know criminals obey laws! GFY!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-13 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]>That bill is stupid...just what we
>need more idiots carrying around
>guns w/ loaded mags.
>What we needed was a
>stricter concealed carry law that
>actually made the permit requestor
>shoot the damn gun and
>verify they are proficient with
>it before being issued a
>permit. Universal background checks
>would be great too.
>Seems everytime I try and
>sell a gun I get
>calls from people trying to
>buy but won't do a
>check if they don't have
>a concealed carry permit.
>I love my guns but
>we need to keep them
>out of the idiots hands
>so we don't have any
>more mass shootings.

What are you talking about there 30Hart?? That would be like responsible gun ownership. Most of these morons are like the dumba$$ 'tard who carries an AR into the mall because he can. I agree with Hart 100%. It is simply amazing some of these people made it to adulthood (at least physically anyway).

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-13 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]Apparently you can't read...go figure, more uneducated idiots. I wasn't talking about criminals, that's a whole other issue. I was talking about you and me and every other normal American. Hate to break it to you, but if you actually read the form you fill out there's those blocks you answer yes/no to. You know the ones that ask if your a felon, have you ever been deemed mentally unstable, or convicted of domestic violence. Would be nice if we had a way to check that before we go handing over guns to just anyone. How many times do you think someone's sold a used gun to one of those categories of people...too many times to count.

On the other note, making sure people that are going to carry loaded guns (I don't care what you say about whether there's one in the chamber or not, its still loaded) have the proper training and education to carry them around in public is a good thing. A lot of states already have these laws in place. That's why our concealed carry permit is not valid in a lot of states, those states require an actual course where the person demonstrates procificiency with the weapon.

On the last note, I love guns, I own a ton of them. I just want people to be responsible and have the proper training. I'm a disabled vet and I served my country for 22 years (would have been longer, but I got hurt on the job and wasn't able to continue and was retired). For the majority of that time, I carried a M-16 and M-9 to work everyday. I've been deployed and fought the good American fight. I want my kids to be able to buy an AR15 if they so choose to when they are old enough.

We are a minority, there are 100 million gun owners according to the NRA...that leaves 200+ million that are not. If we do not get our act together soon and these mass shootings continue the 200+ million people will wake up. Those little kids in Conneticut had half their heads blown off (at leat 12 rounds a kid). We cannot continue to sit in the dark...we need to make responsible decisions that don't infringe upon our right to bear arms before someone else makes those decisions for us.

Yeah, I'm the one who can't read. Criminals carry guns no matter the laws, and believe it or not, they don't normally walk into a gun-store and plop down their hard earned cash and fill out a "form", so who exactly do you think will be impacted? That's right, "Normal Americans"! Dumbazz!

>On the last note, I love
>guns, I own a ton
>of them. I just
>want people to be responsible
>and have the proper training.
> I'm a disabled vet
>and I served my country
>for 22 years (would have
>been longer, but I got
>hurt on the job and
>wasn't able to continue and
>was retired). For the
>majority of that time, I
>carried a M-16 and M-9
>to work everyday. I've
>been deployed and fought the
>good American fight. I
>want my kids to be
>able to buy an AR15
>if they so choose to
>when they are old enough.

That and $2.50 will get you a cup of coffee...

Correct and part of the reason it's not recognized in some of the 15 states is we have no weapons training class w/ our program. I didn't get snippy w/ Foreman till he told me to GFY...why didn't you comment on that!!! We all have valid opinions it's just this site always leads to people calling other people names or cussing them out if they don't believe their point of view.

It cleared VETO power by 1 or 2 votes in each chamber. Hopefully those guys don't switch their votes to NAY.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom