Utah CWMU Moose.

sigboy66

I bagged with the help of my friend Gary and the guides of J and J Outfitters (Best couple hundred bucks I ever spent).
He measures 43" across at the widest points. How much do you guys think he would score?

DSCN06832.JPG

Nice moose. I'll guess 130. His single right brow cost him 10 inches. A great trophy to go ojn the wall.

Yelum

I figured in the 130 range. Can't score him now I dropped him off to the taxidermist on the way home from the hunt. The one brow tine on the one side will cost for semmetry and length of the palm. Still a nice trophy. I just wanted anything greater than 40" and a nice trophy for the wall. I really don't care about making Boon and Crocket. Shot this guy about 20-25 minutes after sundown, he was standing broadside at 427 yards could not count brown tines. But after seeing nothing but yearling bulls I decided he was good enough. I got within 325 yard of him and put him down with one shot through the heart. One of the best hunts I have ever been on. I guess I put in for dessert bighorn now and hope I draw out before I retire.

You should be happy. He's a great trophy and for a CWMU, he's as good as you could hope for. He'll provide a couple years of good eatin and look great on the wall. Congrats

Yelum

Well done and Great bull! Glad to see there "guides" didn't talk you in to shooting a yearling.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-10 AT 01:55PM (MST)[p]Thanks guys, I was holding out for a big one. The guide asked me flat out if this was a meat or a trophy hunt. I said it was a trophy hunt unless it was the afternoon of the last day of the hunt then it would be a meat hunt. I saw 17 head of moose, 2 yearling bulls, 2 24" bulls, 12 Cows & Calves and this guy in the picture above.

Sigboy, if he would have had another crabber on that other side I think our bulls would be twins, wow pretty cool. Amazes me how similar they are, especially the big old dagger thirds. Cool in the snow though (no pun intended). It was so frickin hot when I killed mine I had to talk the game processor into coming in on Sunday to take care of the meat. Congrats dude, it looks like we both got that out of our system for the rest of our lives LOL.

Steve

Thanks. Yup one more crab claw and he would have likely scored 140. But still a really nice trophy I am happy with it. I would like to go up to alaska and shoot a Yukon, but that is way out of my price range. I guess my moose hunting career is over, but at least it ended with positive results. I would have liked to take one with my muzzle stuffer. But since this is a Once in a life time deal, I did not want to take any chances. But kudos to you man. Great shot with your smoke pole.

It was. My truck thermometer said 9 degrees when I got back to it by 9:00 PM. Rideing around on an ATV can you say brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom