Utah DBS Pine Valley Boundary Change

Trophy_Taker

Why such a drastic change to the boundary for this unit? Looks to have more than quadrupled in size. Have sheep wandered this far on the unit or have transplants been done in surrounding areas? Are permit numbers still expected to stay at 2-3 for this unit?

I wondered the same thing, but I doubt it has anything to do with a move in sheep or increased numbers.
I've tried to stay up on sheep transplants, but haven't heard of any in the pine valley unit.
My guess is that the boundary changes are more administrative. For example a change would allow the use of the same boundary description for, say sheep and deer.
Many sheep units have boundaries that include lots of areas that don't hold sheep. We helped a guy in Nevada this year that had a huge unit, but only a small percent was sheep habitat.

> We helped
>a guy in Nevada this
>year that had a huge
>unit, but only a small
>percent.

What? LOL
Zeke

Nope, no sheep movement further north or recent transplants. Though there is some great unfilled sheep habitat on that unit. I think it was to make the boundary the same as all other Pine Valley hunts (deer, turkey).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom