Utah DWR posts hunt numbers

Yep.. I just finished posting this in the UT forum...

at least they are dropping 1000 tags for deer in the Northern unit...it is a start.

The 2007 permit numbers listed here are not the same as what they show were issued on the 2007 draw results/bonus point breakdown (not all hunts, but I found several) Just an error?

one question I have is why are there cwmu's that are granted moose tags but the public is not allocated a tag....

If the CWMU only gets 1 or 2 tags the public tag is usually rotated every other year.

One thing to keep in mind, these are the recommendations. Probably will stay close to this, but it could change. ie; by the RAC meetings we may know more on the deer kill and tags may drop even more? Perhaps a lot more?

Anyone familiar with these numbers have any idea why Box Elder Mountain Goat went from 5 tags a few years back, to 4 tags, now to 3 tags? Is there a problem or are they transplanting these goats elsewhere? That news was a downer as mrs. ktc had a great chance to draw with 2 bonus tags. Now there is only going to be one?

Looks like they will not be giving out as many management elk tags in 2008 this is a great move.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom