Utah Finally Going To War

Using documentation from the DWR to show/explain why they awarded SFW over RMEF is akin to asking Bill Clinton if he slept with Monica Lewinsky. No way in hades you are getting the straight answer!!
No, it's like asking Bill to justify why he slept with Monica and then trying to pretend that "justification statement" somehow made the actions "justified."

Hint: just because somebody invents a "justification" for their actions, it doesn't make those actions acceptable.

I've seen the results first hand here in SE Wyoming, Sybille Canyon.
State has been spraying wildfire areas last few years with marked success. Much better grass and way less cheatgrass.
Just over the ridge from where they spray we have a major issue with cheatgrass on private ground, it does really take over areas quickly.
Would be nice to get some mountain mahogany management going as well though.

Bighorn sheep are thriving in areas they have sprayed, but they are doing well all over this area so....
It is pretty cool watching the helicopter pilot maneuver in that Canyon.
Please enlighten us with truth about Roundup.

🤦This is literally called a "Justification Statement" it was never meant to be an independent audit of the DWR's actions.

DWR established the RFP, invented the scoring system, ignored their own RFP, and then scored the noncompliant application using the scoring system they established and justified themselves and their actions after the fact.

I don't see how a fair-minded individual can sit well with that.
I have yet to see one piece of fraudulent documents from anyone on the other side of this argument, none.

It's all hearsay...."my brothers friend said"....."I heard this, I heard that", etc, etc.

It won't matter what documents I post, hearsay and conspiracy win the Expo haters over.

I wasn't a part of any of that so I don't really care 🤷‍♂️

I know you’re not part of this. But calling for documents and proof when the people that broke the law or are the ones that benefitted from the law being broken are the ones that control all that is a big ask.

Here is what we know, not speculation or hearsay involved. And these are not disputable.

1- The RFP process had a deadline for submissions.

2- Only one group met that deadline with their submission, and it was not the group(s) selected to keep hosting.

3- If the only group that made the deadline had been selected, there would be almost $8million more available for “conservation” since the time the award was made than there currently is.

4- The defense doc the DWR put out is complete bull:poop:. Even they know it!

I have yet to see one piece of fraudulent documents from anyone on the other side of this argument, none.

It's all hearsay...."my brothers friend said"....."I heard this, I heard that", etc, etc.

It won't matter what documents I post, hearsay and conspiracy win the Expo haters over.

The only person posting hearsay is YOU. Do you want me to quote your hearsay comments?

I know you’re not part of this. But calling for documents and proof when the people that broke the law or are the ones that benefitted from the law being broken are the ones that control all that is a big ask.

Here is what we know, not speculation or hearsay involved. And these are not disputable.

2- Only one group met that deadline with their submission, and it was not the group(s) selected to keep hosting.

3- If the only group that made the deadline had been selected, there would be almost $8million more available for “conservation” since the time the award was made than there currently is.

Out of curiosity, I will do a little asking from higher up and see what type of response I get.

I don’t even care if a bunch of fancy hunters want to get together once a year to have a party.
Go ahead and have an Expo.
But, please return all the stolen public tags and return them to the general draw.
That is all I ask.
I can see and understand both sides of that debate.

Those Expo tags do give me another "chance" to draw tags I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Having said that, I wouldn't lose any sleep if they went away.

I can see and understand both sides of that debate.

Those Expo tags do give me another "chance" to draw tags I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Having said that, I wouldn't lose any sleep if they went away.

I'm almost in the same boat. I'm one that has benefitted from the expo tag program as I drew a tag I would otherwise have likely never drawn in Utah. So I'm an admitted hypocrite on this topic, because as long as there are tags to be had, I'm going to have my name in the hat for them. I'm also a well-documented opportunist.

All that said, I would 100% advocate for the tags to all go back to the public draw. I'm okay giving up that extra opportunity. It is so hard for me not to kick a person in the shins every time I hear them talk about point creep in Utah and then advocate for expo and conservation tags to continue. Well over 500 of the best tags our state has to offer back in the draw every year wouldn't solve our point creep issue, but it sure would help! It would put people in the waiting list pools, which would also help point creep. But alas, we'll just keep siphoning off these best tags and then say a rifle elk hunt "in the rut" is the biggest problem facing point creep.

Vanilla, it is also indisputable that after the original deadline passed, the WB/DWR put out a revised set of criteria for "applicants" with a new deadline.

Vanilla, it is also indisputable that after the original deadline passed, the WB/DWR put out a revised set of criteria for "applicants" with a new deadline.

Interested that in an “open bid” system, you accept only a single bid before the deadline, then allow competitors to view the bid and craft their late and illegal bids in accordance with what they now know from the only lawfully submitted bid.

I had forgotten how much all that still pisses me off. And they ensured nothing could change by giving them a chance to renew without competition for another 10 years.

Essentially guaranteed a couple organizations they’d get about $15m for their “administrative costs” instead of for conservation over a decade before they ever could even be challenged again.

It’s good work if you can get it fellas!

You catch that, Slam? SS pays close attention to guys in fancy attire.
He doesn't know me at all, and ASSuming once again, especially my attire is just "weird" and questionable.
Things must get pretty boring in AK during the hibernation period 🙄🌈

Hey Niller?

Can you Find Out how We Can Invest/Buy Stock?

I Want Something with a GUARANTEE & No Chance Of Losing Money!

Can you confirm you eat corn sideways? Or is that HEARSAY?
@slamdunk did you pick out your outfit you're going to wear at the auction coming up? Vest? Cowboy boots?

A drywaller trying to give someone chit about drug use? Laughin'

Almost as foolish as using the word war to describe spraying an isolated area for cheatgrass. Oh chit thats right you utards add a space to it, cheat grass.
Meanwhile, bromus tectorum continues to spread while you'all argue about wearing the right clothing, whether your hat brim is flat or curved, whether or not we should close the EXPO, how you should eat corn, how many tags we should issue, whether or not our bows should have wheels, how many committees we need, how we should spell cheatgrass, etc., etc., etc.!

Meanwhile, bromus tectorum continues to spread while you'all argue about wearing the right clothing, whether your hat brim is flat or curved, whether or not we should close the EXPO, how you should eat corn, how many tags we should issue, whether or not our bows should have wheels, how many committees we need, how we should spell cheatgrass, etc., etc., etc.!
Welcome to the internet!

Welcome to the internet!
Welcome to the internet… ya…

I was reading this thread, following along and enjoying the rationale back and forth, agreements and disagreements in reasonable fashion- maybe gaining some insight into a topic I know little about. All on the “internet”.

Then, on Post 50, it all changed. Some “welcome to the internet” dude decided to make it personal. Not for the first time, or the tenth, or the hundredth. Counting them all would be futile.

Here is some wisdom, or stupidity if you choose: just because it’s the internet does not mean you have to trash people with reckless abandon whom you disagree with. You, as a reasonable person, can choose to reasonably disagree- even on the internet.

BTW- welcome to the internet…

I was reading this thread, following along and enjoying the rationale back and forth, agreements and disagreements in reasonable fashion- maybe gaining some insight into a topic I know little about. All on the “internet”.

Then, on Post 50, it all changed. Some “welcome to the internet” dude decided to make it personal. Not for the first time, or the tenth, or the hundredth. Counting them all would be futile.

Here is some wisdom, or stupidity if you choose: just because it’s the internet does not mean you have to trash people with reckless abandon whom you disagree with. You, as a reasonable person, can choose to reasonably disagree- even on the internet.

Thanks!

Try Cheatgrass vs Mule Deer on the Mule Deer Sub-Forum. It contains more ideas and it hasn't been highjacked!

^ This. while it took till post 50 for @HikeHunt61 to get upset it only took post number 1 for me to start laughing. See the OP has a short attention span and started up another thread to talk about cheatgrass after he already had a thread on it. The first thread was fine but the attention was taken off of the OP. So he started another. And actually the one elkfromabove references is the third thread on it. I doubt we will see the OP from this thread on there. As the attention will not be on him

:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom