Utah fur sale

I have been checking the website but have not seen the prices listed yet. Guess ill know when my check arrives!

>High cats over $1100, averages 5-600
>
>Coyotes high 100, averages around 60
>
>
>I heard this second hand

Been hearing the same! good prices hope the keep for the Nevada sale.

I have never sold at the local fur auctions. What advantages do you guys who sell at the local auctions see over the national auctions like NAFA or similar.

From what i have been told, there are only 4 permits to export fur from the U.S., NAFA is one of them. All fur has to travel through one of the 4 permit holders before it can legally leave the country. It seems that the buyers at the local auctions are selling for more at the national auctions. I go straight to the national auctions and cut out the middle man and make more. This is just my opinion, I would like to hear from you guys selling at the local auctions.

Probably one of the biggest reasons to sell at a fur sale is because the 5% or whatever state you in charges, goes to the trappers association, to help keep trapping legal. Every year there are more and more people trying to bam trapping and without the T.A. it would probably become a reality, and not just trapping, even being able to possess a furbearer license..

Also, I think most of the high dollar buyers for the top end western fur are at the fur sales more so than the big auctions like nafa

prices are up, i made a little over 700 on 3 cats. got what i wanted for 2 and about 100 more than i expected for the other one.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-12 AT 01:43AM (MST)[p]Where are you from? I know cats from different states vary in price.

The reason I ask is because I averaged over $600 per cat last season. And those cats were average fur at best. I have some beautiful cats this year and am looking to maximize my sell price. That was the whole reason I was asking about the local fur auctions compared to the national fur sales.

If $700 for 3 cats is good money from where you are from, then right on.

mine were small cats. This was also my first year messing with fur, so I imagine I got docked for them being greasy. The average was around 450 I think and high cat was 1100. The one i expected to do bad was a yearling female and had very little white on her stomach. I was hoping more for one of the toms it was nice and blue, but it lacked on the stomach. the last one had a better stomach and a blue back. If I knew what some of the old timers at the fur sale told me before I sold my fur I probably woulda done better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom