Utah group application question

awbmab

Suppose a group app includes res and nr, the average points for the group is 12. 13 points guarantees a res tag, while only 11 guarantees a nr tag. Will the group draw the tags?

I don't think that res & non res can apply as a group for limited entry tags. They can only apply for general season and anterless tags as a group.

if a resident and non-resident apply togeather they would have to be drawn from the NR pool tag allotment.

The res is not drawn from the non res pool, though tags must be available for all party members from their respective tag pools.

Resident draw from Resident pool and NR draws from NR pool. Both pools have to have tags left for the party to draw. (EXP) IF there's isn't any tags left in the NR pool NO-ONE draws because it a party application. I believe this is how it works.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON May-17-10 AT 08:04AM (MST)[p]I understand that nothing is guaranteed due to application shifting, but if a non res is guaranteed a tag with 11 points, and a res guaranteed a tag with 13 points, the group has a 12 point average, does the group draw?? There are plenty of tags in both the res and non res pools.
Does anyone have any idea???

>LAST EDITED ON May-17-10
>AT 08:04 AM (MST)

>
>I understand that nothing is guaranteed
>due to application shifting, but
>if a non res is
>guaranteed a tag with 11
>points, and a res guaranteed
>a tag with 13 points,
>the group has a 12
>point average, does the group
>draw?? There are plenty
i>of tags in both the
>res and non res pools.
>
> Does anyone have any idea???
>

If you applied as an individual with 12 and needed 13 would you draw?

There aren't "plenty" of tags in any max point non res pool.

in your scenario, you will not draw unless there are enough "max pool" tags to get thru the 13 point guys AND enough to still cover you in the same "max point" pool with 12 AND have a NR tag available.

The draw looks at your app number as a single app, once the draw works its way down to you, they look and see if the tags can be filled.

What the dept. does not explain is where they pull the NR tag if the party leader is a res, the group has max points on the res side but not on the NR side and there are still tags in the NR max pool. I'm guessing they take the tag from the random NR pool because the max point pool tags are allocated to max pool guys by law.

The non res will usually shoot you down because of the quota.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom