Utah Interactive Topo Maps - Hunt Boundaries

M

mapasolution

I make maps for work and for fun. I am in the process of creating some interactive hunt boundary maps for Utah (just for fun). For now they are simple, but I hope to increase their functionality and make them more robust with more time. I know all of this data is publicly available, and can be accessed in other places, so they are nothing out-of-the-ordinary. However, I do think there will be a couple things that make my maps an improvement from the basics.

I currently only have the LE deer units on the map, but as mentioned before, will get more data on them in the future.

Follow the link below to see the map (the application may take a little bit to load).

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=37c14b3463e949b4b4e1036548846f04

Let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks for all the good hunting reads... I enjoy browsing MM.

mapasolution.blogspot.com

Runs to slow good luck with it. Might cause your computer to be non responsive. Just a warning I got.

Rutnbuck

It works best for me in Google Chrome.

For those of you who can get it to run, a cool feature is the ability to change basemaps. Click the Basemaps tab at the top and you can choose anything from topo, to aerial imagery, to national geographic maps.

You can also toggle the units' visibility on and off with the Layers tab. Click on a unit for more info.

Thats a cool program .... I still like google earth better , Google Earth just needs to update there imagery more consistently . For aerial view and picture clarity, check out flashearth.com .

I didn't know about that flashearth.com. Looks like it primarily uses the same imagery as the app I made, powered by Bing. If you choose "Bing Maps Aerial" in the basemap dropdown you can also have the aerial imagery powered by Bing. It was updated last summer. Cool though.

It seems Google does have the most resources to collect up-to-date imagery. I will also create hunt boundaries in Google Maps and put them on my blog.

When I was checking out the app for AZ Strip, when zooming in, the pixilation breaks up . Flashearth's clarity is excellent even when I zoom in . I just wish I could change my view . what I mean by this is by elevating my view , rather than viewing straight down
(Birds eye view) , being able to view straight forward side by side like Google Earth is capable of doing .

>Of course you all know that
>you can download the
>boundaries from the UDWRS web
>page and convert them to
>KLM/KLZ files and use them
>in google earth right?

Hahaha. Yes. That's how I got the boundaries. Google Earth doesn't have Topography. You can also insert the KMZ files into Google Maps and get imagery and topography. I'm probably biased, but still like the custom app better.

> Google Earth doesn't
>have Topography. You can
>also insert the KMZ files
>into Google Maps and get
>imagery and topography. I'm probably
>biased, but still like the
>custom app better.
>
>
>
>mapasolution.blogspot.com

There is a Nat-Geo topo plugin you can overlay in Google earth. I have it somewhere, when I get more time to find it I will post it up, or you can do a search. There are multiple post from myself and others about how to get topo maps into google earth.

>There is a Nat-Geo topo plugin
>you can overlay in Google
>earth. I have it somewhere,
>when I get more time
>to find it I will
>post it up, or you
>can do a search. There
>are multiple post from myself
>and others about how to
>get topo maps into google
>earth.

That'd be cool. Thanks