Utah Kamas GE Deer

ZGreen

I drew a deer tag for Kamas this year, Oct 13th -17th. I am doing lots of e-scouting right now trying to find info on the deer herds, food sources, elevation, and access. Anyone have any pointers on this unit from past experience? I’ve been looking at the fire that happened in 2016, and all the hiking trails off to the SE of the unit, but any help would be appreciated.

It’s during the elk hunt. It’ll be a crap shoot at best. That is an over-hunted unit. My best advice is to stay home. But feel free to prove me wrong.Good luck with your scouting missions.

Tough area always was a lot of private property I'm sure there are bucks there but finding them may be another issue all together.
A lot of pressure

Take highway 35 then north in cedar hollow that is going to be your best access to some high country, also up 35 to the forest and north of that road, tough unit but it does hold some deer, your best bet is to get away from the main road and be patient Good luck,

Just get a map and make sure yoh don’t go to far up 35. If I recall right you only get to pine valley, then the until boundary goes north and goes to 150 and then stays on ‘the north there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom