Utah License/Permit question

Craig

Very Active Member
Last year was the first year were I had to buy a License so I could apply for a Bonus point or a LE permit. I bought my license about halfway through the application period . The license is good for 365 days. This year if I apply before this Small game license expires will last years license still be valid or do I need to buy a new one?

No, you will not need to buy a new one for this years application. It is good for 365 days.

But you will have to buy a new license if you do draw. The one you bought last year will have expired by that time.

"Before you can apply, you must have a valid Utah hunting or combination license. If you don't have one of these licenses, you can buy one online when you apply." pg 14 2008 proclamation.

the way i understand it is, if its valid the day you apply you don't have to buy a new license.

If I'm an out of state or in state hunter, I will only have to buy a license every other year if I work it right and don't hunt or draw a tag?

Let's say I bought my license last year on the 15th of January and applied for a tag and didn't draw, I then apply for a tag this year on the 10th of January (I still have a valid license) and don't draw. I will then buy a new license next year on the 15th and do the exact same thing?

I'm one of the lucky ones and bought a Utah lifetime license, so it doesn't affect me, but I have friends from out of state that will be happy to only buy a license every other year and will be happy to purchase a license when/IF they draw.

If I'm right, I see the state changing this real soon!

Thoughts,

Cast_n_blast

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom