Utah ML Deer--Getting Pumped

out4elk

I realized with the ML deer hunt just around the corner I am finding it VERY hard to get stay focused at work. I know I'm not the only one suffering. Can't Wait!

With the arrival of twins this last spring it has been very hard to get away from the house and find the deer I want, or many deer at all for that matter. Don't care much though I'm just excited that the wife is okay with me living on the mountain for 7 days. If I don't find a nice deer at least I will have had a good time hiking & camping with my brother!

Hope everyone else has good luck and a good time.

Having to be a mom definately takes it's toll on hunting for the first year or two with twins---I know because I've been in your shoes before! When you've got a baby screaming because it's hungry and has a $hitty diaper you can't very well pass it over to mom because she's already got one doing the same thing so you learn real quick how to be a mom! I guarantee that you won't ever take a hunting trip for granted anymore after you have to sit out quite a few of them for the next little while. Glad to hear your wife is cooperating with the upcoming hunt--best of luck!

I have been working swing and taking care of my 3 month old son during the day. I have not been up on the mountain for months but I have 5 days off for the hunt. Cant weight.

out4,

I can somewhat relate. I had to miss any and all big game hunting last fall due to the birth of my 2nd son. I'll be hunting general rifle in Utah this year. Still, having missed out on a year definitely makes you appreciate the privilege/opportunity to get out in the mountains with family & friends to enjoy the pursuit of an animal that will forever haunt my dreams! My hunt is still about a month away, and I can't concentrate on anything (ie work, school, etc)! I guess misery loves company huh? :)

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

I too I am getting pumped, however it has been greatly hindered. Others have stated the difficulty getting out of town, especially with family. This year that seems to be under control for me, but last week me plans were put in jeapordy. I have to report for jury duty next Monday. I am rehearsing my statements to bias myself and get dismissed. The worse part is that it at the Federal District Court. They have already notified me that trials are usually 5 days. I may not make the ML this year. I guess there may be a chance to duck hunt on saturday.

I am ready. Heading out Monday to get camp setup. Looking forward to spending the week looking for a nice deer.

Good luck to all!

Driving down tomorrow night for the hunt. Stoked!!! I now live in Wash. and haven't had the chance to scout since June but I did see some good potential bucks in the traditional spots I pack into. I cannot concentrate!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom