Utah Muzzleloader Hunt

CATMAN

Have any of you heard that they might change the muzzleloader hunt dates? I heard they might do this because of the fire danger. If so...when are they talking about changing it to? Thanks Catman

I seriously doubt they are going to change it. They were talking about this on another room and I believe it was just talk. I would plan on it starting in September.

It was brought up as a topic at the last DWR Board meeting. I guess most of the RAC's had voted to change it but the board decided to leave it and then let the Forest Service and BLM decide if they want to ban the shooting of Muzzleloaders on specific lands if they feel there is a fire danger.

I donn't feel like muzzleloaders are going to be that much of a fire hazzard. There will be more problems over Labor Day with everybody going camping.

Mark

Thanks for the responses fellers. I talked with a DWR Official today, and he agreed with what you have said.....said it would make alot of people mad to change it this late in the game, and also that he doesn't see it happening. Good luck Catman

CATMAN and others: Don't tell me that Utah dug around in the trash heap and came up with this old trash again!! I thought that stupid notion about muzzleloaders starting fires was put out to pasture years ago. I just never cease to be amazed at how stupid some people are.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-02 AT 08:15PM (MST)[p]I attended the Wildlife Board meeting on August 13. Looks like the dates will stay unless the BLM and Forest Service close land to hunting due to the extreme dry conditions. If this happens, then the hunt could be moved to November. All 5 RAC's voted to move the hunt, however the Wildlife Board said no.

Two motions passed by the Wildlife Board. (1)A ban on all flint locks, ball and patch, and (2) no shotguns with slugs. Kevin Conway, DWR Director, said there would be a final decision made two weeks prior to the hunt. Look for a final word around September 11.

fotohunter

I know that they are not planning on changing the hunt. I personally have been lobbying to get the hunt changed back or moved to a split season. The early hunt is horrible for Northern hunters....The larger bucks are not accessible to the general public.

I read in the Salt Lake Tribune this mourning that with all the rain the last few days and with the rain that is forcasted for the next few weeks that the Forest Service is considering liffting the ban on campfies on forest land. I think the ML hunt will end up staying where it is as far as season dates.

Mark

Thats good, I would be pissed if I was going to miss a late muzzleloader hunt. I wish they would move it back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom