Utah Pheasant opener

muzz

Long Time Member
I want to thank big bullhunter again for the invite and another exciting time. We got alot of birds and had a great time in some damn cold weather. I got my limit and its the first time in a few years I have done that. We seen a bunch of roosters and connected on 90% of them. Looking forward to next weekend. Thanks again Sean.

Smiling.gif

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-03 AT 05:07PM (MST)[p]oh yeah, I got two pheasants, whoopee. no deer no elk and with my luck no swan either. I connect with all the good utah hunting.Thats a good one.

tp://home.swipnet.se/~w-53789/Smiling.gif

Another great Utah hunt. I had my 2 birds by 8:45 am on Saturday. I love to see my Lab work pheasants. He retrieved both roosters, one was a blind retrieve in water and cattails.

Oh yes, best of all it was on Public land. We got up 4 roosters and 5 hens. The birds were holding tight because of the cold, wet conditions. Gotta love pheasant hunting, even if it is a 1 day affair.

This was the first year in years I didn't get to hunt behind my dogs on the opener.. and I'm still pissed about it. Where did you hook up with some good birds (general area) ? and was it public land? I usually hunt the Corinne Co-op 3-day hunt, but I didn't get back into the U.S.A until Saturday afternoon... so this year I'm screwed for that hunt. Can anyone point me in a good direction for second weekend birds? I've got 3 Brittany's that are dying to get on some wild birds! We'll do plenty of club birds later in the month/year.

Thanks,

BUL_KRZY

We got a few and probably could have limited out if the birds would have cooperated and flown the right way! All the birds we saw were flocked up because of the snow. The dogs did a good job and we had a good time, so I guess that is all that really matters.

Rut

Sort of off the subject, no Pheasants, but a
lot of chukers, went out yesterday and had 6 in
the bag by 10 in the morning. Missed some easy
shots or would have been done by 9:00.

NVMDF

Hey anytime muzz i went back out this morning to the area we were at and flushed up 5 hens and 3 big flocks of ducks off that pond took 3 green heads instead of pheasants today. cant wait to get back out saturday mornin again.

sean

You da man, I might try for my swan saturday but I dont know. You might see me again saturday. You will b sick of me b4 to long.

Smiling.gif

ah hell man if i aint hunting then there is something wrong with me. went back out tonite seen 2 roosters but they flushed way the hell out in front of me too far to take a shot. did have about 50 swans come in right at last light kinda cool. They filled up the area we hunted with water not real deep but deep enough to push out the birds.

Sean

does that surprise you they filled it up with water? The G&F knew there was alot of birds in the area so they fill it with water and push them out.That dont surprise me abit. But at least you are still seing some in the area and hopfully we can wax a few more in there b4 the season ends.

Smiling.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom