UTAH San Juan Late Archery - Help?? Very limited time to accept a returned tag.

Well Bux!

Just to Clue you In A Little On That Unit!

You Rarely See Anybody Wearing Orange On The early Rifle Hunt Down There!

It Comes Out A Little For Pictures Sometimes!
On Nebo? Cuz that’s the unit I’m talking about. There’s 2 different topics being discussed in this thread haha I have always found it interesting that most hunters are very “pro hunting regulations“… until it comes to the hunter orange part. For some reason that law is largely ignored by many.

On Nebo? Cuz that’s the unit I’m talking about. There’s 2 different topics being discussed in this thread haha I have always found it interesting that most hunters are very “pro hunting regulations“… until it comes to the hunter orange part. For some reason that law is largely ignored by many.
Drives me nuts

My Bad Bux!

I Thought We Were Talkin SJ!

Wasn’t there talk about Utah making it a choice if you are archery hunting and rifle hunts are going on? I believe this was being discussed in the last year or two. I have no idea if it passed or not. But I’d like to hear how the nebo late archery went.

Wasn’t there talk about Utah making it a choice if you are archery hunting and rifle hunts are going on? I believe this was being discussed in the last year or two. I have no idea if it passed or not. But I’d like to hear how the nebo late archery went.
Judging by the lack of response from the overly confident Idaho bowhunter, I don’t think it went well.

Ps aren’t most of these late archery bull hunters supposed to be wearing an appropriate amount of hunter orange while hunting? Many of these units have rifle cow hunts going on that started before the bull hunts did…

Administrative rule R657-5​

Taking big game

R657-5-49. Hunter Orange Exceptions.​

(1) A person shall wear a minimum of 400 inches of hunter orange material on the head, chest, and back while hunting any species of big game, with the following exceptions:
(b) hunters participating in an archery or muzzleloader hunt outside of an area where an any weapon general season bull elk or any weapon general season buck deer hunt is occurring;

So DAX?

If A PUMPKIN/Rifle Hunt Overlaps in to an Archery Season/Hunt Or VICE-VERSA?

Do The StickFlippers Have To Put Their PUMPKIN Suits On?

Administrative rule R657-5​

Taking big game

R657-5-49. Hunter Orange Exceptions.​

(1) A person shall wear a minimum of 400 inches of hunter orange material on the head, chest, and back while hunting any species of big game, with the following exceptions:
(b) hunters participating in an archery or muzzleloader hunt outside of an area where an any weapon general season bull elk or any weapon general season buck deer hunt is occurring;

Judging by the lack of response from the overly confident Idaho bowhunter, I don’t think it went well.
You are probably right. One thing I always tell people about the Nebo is put your f##kin hiking boots on. That place mean no matter what weapon you hunt with.

Based on that description, it doesn't sound like archers are required to wear orange if it's just a cow elk hunt going on.

You are probably right. One thing I always tell people about the Nebo is put your f##kin hiking boots on. That place mean no matter what weapon you hunt with.
Yep. And You don’t get it until you’ve experienced it. You certainly earn every animal you take on that unit.

So DAX?

The only hunts an archer would have to wear orange for is during the general season elk, and general season deer hunts.

All other rifle hunts would not be included such as cow hunts, or LE hunts.

Well? Seasons almost over. How did you do so far?
It went well on everything else but not in the Nebo. I saw a 350 n a 370 bull that was broke. The winter weather did not hit n the elk were high and the roads on top were nasty even in a side by side. To be fair I only made it for 5 days of the hunt because I had a NV deer tag. I did connect on a solid muzzy buck and a giant bull in the Idaho otc archery so I guess I used up my luck maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️. I did not get my ass kicked but would I do the hunt NO not with out weather pushing them down. The bulls were killable tho goven more time it is doable and quality was down.

It went well on everything else but not in the Nebo. I saw a 350 n a 370 bull that was broke. The winter weather did not hit n the elk were high and the roads on top were nasty even in a side by side. To be fair I only made it for 5 days of the hunt because I had a NV deer tag. I did connect on a solid muzzy buck and a giant bull in the Idaho otc archery so I guess I used up my luck maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️. I did not get my ass kicked but would I do the hunt NO not with out weather pushing them down. The bulls were killable tho goven more time it is doable and quality was down.
So… it went exactly like I said it would.

Why am I not surprised a Wob county guy is always right.......you can pick your trophy up at Lisa's, order the number 2....that's what your full of.
If you’re going to attempt to insult me, at least make sure you get some basic facts correct. I might be right, but that only makes 1 of us.

If you’re going to attempt to insult me, at least make sure you get some basic facts correct. I might be right, but that only makes 1 of us.
Bux n Dux it did not go how you said it would you seem a little angry brother whats wrong? Did the wife not let you hunt? Did you not draw buddy? I had the best season of my life and the Nebo Country is not that tough try gettin out of Nephi once in a while…lol

Bux n Dux it did not go how you said it would you seem a little angry brother whats wrong? Did the wife not let you hunt? Did you not draw buddy? I had the best season of my life and the Nebo Country is not that tough try gettin out of Nephi once in a while…lol
I don’t live in nephi.

So DAX?

Bess, here are all the orange rules and exceptions -

R657-5-49. Hunter Orange Exceptions.

(a) hunters participating in a once-in-a-lifetime, statewide conservation, or statewide sportsmen hunt;

(c) hunters participating in a Handgun-Archery-Muzzleloader-Shotgun-Straight-walled Rifle-Only hunt outside of an area where an any weapon general season bull elk or any weapon general season buck deer hunt is occurring;

(d) hunters hunting on a cooperative wildlife management unit unless otherwise required by the operator of the cooperative wildlife management units;

(e) hunters participating in a nuisance wildlife removal hunt authorized under a certificate of registration by the division; and

(f) hunters participating in an archery hunt with unit boundaries and season dates that overlap the unit boundaries and season dates for the youth any bull elk hunt.

AND - the rules are all about the minimum requirements so anybody is always free to wear more orange on more hunts if they feel safer or want to wear it for whatever reason.

Thanks DAX!

I Try & Stay Away From The PUMPKIN Patches For The Most Part!

I Can't Even Tell You How Little Of Orange I See On LE Elk Hunts!

About 3 Years Ago I Did See A HOTTIE Blonde Wearing The Very Top End Of Camo Attire Made!

Some Awesome PERFUME As Well!

She Was Smellin Really Good For Them Bulls!:D

Bess, here are all the orange rules and exceptions -

R657-5-49. Hunter Orange Exceptions.

(a) hunters participating in a once-in-a-lifetime, statewide conservation, or statewide sportsmen hunt;

(c) hunters participating in a Handgun-Archery-Muzzleloader-Shotgun-Straight-walled Rifle-Only hunt outside of an area where an any weapon general season bull elk or any weapon general season buck deer hunt is occurring;

(d) hunters hunting on a cooperative wildlife management unit unless otherwise required by the operator of the cooperative wildlife management units;

(e) hunters participating in a nuisance wildlife removal hunt authorized under a certificate of registration by the division; and

(f) hunters participating in an archery hunt with unit boundaries and season dates that overlap the unit boundaries and season dates for the youth any bull elk hunt.

AND - the rules are all about the minimum requirements so anybody is always free to wear more orange on more hunts if they feel safer or want to wear it for whatever reason.

Thanks DAX!

I Try & Stay Away From The PUMPKIN Patches For The Most Part!

I Can't Even Tell You How Little Of Orange I See On LE Elk Hunts!

About 3 Years Ago I Did See A HOTTIE Blonde Wearing The Very Top End Of Camo Attire Made!

Some Awesome PERFUME As Well!

She Was Smellin Really Good For Them Bulls!:D
You've obviously never been to the Council gas station.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom