Utah SB11 (firearms bill) waiting for Governor

ktg

Governor Herbert may veto this bill. Please reach out and ask our Governor to sign this bill...

Gun owner supporters are recommending telling him you will vote against him in the coming election if he does not sign the bill.

YOUR ACTION STILL REQUIRED ON SB 11 (UTAH MADE GUNS)

It is vital that the "powerful gun lobby" make itself heard on this bill immediately. Governor Herbert has not made up his mid about signing SB 11 (Utah Made Guns). He really needs to hear from YOU. If you called or emailed last week, please do it again. If you did not get around to it, then DO IT NOW! It is best to BOTH call and email, and have your spouse and friends contact him too.

The news media are united in their opposition to this bill and telling him NOT to sign it. Their argument is that it will cost too much money to fight for our rights in court. (Of course if it was "freedom of the press" rights being eroded, they would see things differently.)

ACTION REQUIRED

Please contact Governor Herbert immediately using his email form and/or fax/phone his office (using the contact information below the sample message) and politely ask him to sign SB 11 (Utah Made Firearms)

SAMPLE EMAIL, FAX OR PHONE MESSAGE

Dear Governor Herbert:

Please sign SB 11 (Utah Made Firearms).

This essential bill defends our rights against over reaching federal regulations. This bill reinforces our Second and Tenth Amendment protections, as well as Utah Constitutional rights.

I appreciate your desire to minimize state spending. Our ancestors paid high prices in blood and treasure for our freedom in this state and nation. We must never sacrifice our freedom because we are afraid of the cost.

Our rights are not for sale, regardless of the cost!
Freedom is not free!

[your name and city]

END OF SAMPLE EMAIL OR FAX

How to contact Governor Herbert's Office

BY EMAIL- copy the email above into the comments form at:
http://governor.utah.gov/goca/form_comment.html

BY PHONE- You will be talking to a secretary, not the Governor himself, so don't be nervous. Keep it short and simple and polite. "Please tell the Governor to sign SB 11 (Utah Made Firearms). It is a good bill."
The office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 6:00 pm; and closed Friday
801-538-1000
800-705-2464

BY FAX- Send a fax with the email message above. You can send anytime to
801-538-1528

The feds have already said they will challenge this bill as they will in Montana. You can take it to the bank that the feds won't let this be upheld one way or the other. I just want to know who's going to be the first guinea pig manufacturer, dealer and purchaser who are willing to step up to the plate and test it in federal court. To me it's not worth 20 years in prison and losing my ffl over. I also don't care to have any guns I can't take out of state whether for an out of state hunt or if I move out of Utah.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom