Utah unit specific statistics

COLOelkman

Very Active Member
If anyone notices when the specific statistics are posted, could you please reply to this. I had a friends son that we were certain was going to draw Nebo this year but he didn't so we wanted to followup when the numbers are posted to see why. I assume computers don't make mistakes but it sure seemed like a solid bet that he would have drawn with 10 points as a resident but he didn't. Thanks!

LAST EDITED ON May-30-10 AT 11:03PM (MST)[p]http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggame/pdf/2010_biggame_odds.pdf

nochawk - I had seen this but these are just the general statistics which doesn't show how many points it took to draw. They should post the more details stats sometime soon I assume.

Personally, I would be a little relieved to not have a Nebo tag. With 10 points, there are some other units I would be looking at that produce more quality elk. I have friends that live on that unit and it is safe to say it is not once what it was.

remember only 50% of the tags go to the highest point holders, the rest go into the random draw.

so if say???15 people applied with max points your odds were only 1 in 3

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom