Utah West Desert Vernon LE Muzzy

auburnpack

I drew a LE muzzy tag in the West Desert Vernon.
I would like to make a scouting trip in July or Aug w my daughter. It appears that the Sheeprocks get hunted the hardest. Any leads on where to start scouting in the other mountain ranges would be grateful! Not looking for anyone special spot. Just looking for some scouting leads since this will most likely be my once in a lifetime hunt in this area.

Also looking for a good strategic location to camp. Any campgrounds that offer water even if just filling water bottles and washing dishes?

Thank you!

My wife has the same tag, I live 45 minutes from the unit and have never set foot on the unit until this year, I've been out 4 times in the last couple weeks trying to learn the area, I've mostly stuck around the sheeprocks so far because that's where I hear the majority of the deer are but I plan on checking other areas out as well before the hunt.

I drew a LE muzzy tag in the West Desert Vernon.
I would like to make a scouting trip in July or Aug w my daughter. It appears that the Sheeprocks get hunted the hardest. Any leads on where to start scouting in the other mountain ranges would be grateful! Not looking for anyone special spot. Just looking for some scouting leads since this will most likely be my once in a lifetime hunt in this area.

Also looking for a good strategic location to camp. Any campgrounds that offer water even if just filling water bottles and washing dishes?

Thank you!
Get ahold of Dallan with Shane Scott Outfitting. That guy lives close and knows the unit well. Hell of a nice guy as well!

I also drew the Muzzleloader tag for this year. I have been out there a few times, and have a few cameras out. The antler growth is for sure a little down this year. It seems like there are quite a few deer around. I am somewhat optimistic.

I also drew the Muzzleloader tag for this year. I have been out there a few times, and have a few cameras out. The antler growth is for sure a little down this year. It seems like there are quite a few deer around. I am somewhat optimistic.
Excited for you Mike! Hope you kill a big one - definitely share your story and pics!

We have a rifle tag in the family, got a phone call on a turned back expo tag. Didn't even know that was a thing, but we will take it. Looking forward to getting out there, it has been a few years since I have hunted the unit. Good luck guys

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom