swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
does anyone have any info on this?
what do the youth win?
how much is it?
details anyone?

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

I participated in the YHEC events but its been almost 15 years ago. It was a blast. We traveled to New Mexico twice, and Virginia once. I have followed it a little since then but here's my understanding. There are 8 events: 22, shotgun, archery, muzzle loader, oreintering, written test, wildlife ID, and saftey trail. You compete at a state tournament and then they take the top 5 individuals at the state level and form a team which then goes and competes and the national event which sounds like it maybe in Penn this year. I was lucky enough to win the overall competition one year. I won a muzzle loader, boots, a dozen arrows, and some other stuff. From what I have seen this event has become more popular I think there are even better prizes for winning and the State of Utah puts some effort into the Utah Team. I would recommend it to anybody. They used to have a jr 12-14 and senior division 14-18 but that may have changed. I believe you could contact the Utah DWR and they would be able to tell you all about it. Good luck to your kids is they decide to enter. If they do send me an email and I'd be happy to suggest some areas to practice at.

are there divisions seperated by sex. M/F

I would love to get my girls involved.

What kind of a rifle/22 are the kids competing with. target rifle?

will they allow my daughters free style compound bow?

What type of Muzzy do they ues? Is it wise to get them something that fits their size.

Ive heard some of the prizes have been hunts? Is this true?

sorry for all the questions but it sounds fun.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

sw!
They'll bust you if you try sneakin in there dressed like a young girl,accept it,you're to old for this kinda stuff! }>}>}>

I'm still HELL_ON_WHEELS
I still throw a few back, talk a little smack

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom