Utah

There are huge bucks in Utah, in fact Utah has the biggest and the most. To start the game you need to have around 500,000.00, you will need to buy the Governor tag, the rest of the money will go to full time scouts and spotters for the year, truck loads of apples, movie and production costs, trail cameras and a lot of them in fact most of the Arizona guides will be in Utah this year since they can no longer use their most cherished scouting tool in their home state, and don’t forget the tip in the old days you used to tip the guide and the camp cook, now days you have to tip the entire football team that’s out there helping you

There are huge bucks in Utah, in fact Utah has the biggest and the most. To start the game you need to have around 500,000.00, you will need to buy the Governor tag, the rest of the money will go to full time scouts and spotters for the year, truck loads of apples, movie and production costs, trail cameras and a lot of them in fact most of the Arizona guides will be in Utah this year since they can no longer use their most cherished scouting tool in their home state, and don’t forget the tip in the old days you used to tip the guide and the camp cook, now days you have to tip the entire football team that’s out there helping you

Im offended and triggered. Im usually tge first guy in with that.??

But your math is off. Tag will be about $350k. Doyle will need about $175. Movie crew id imagine will be in the $50k range.

Now if you swap out Doyle for WLH you also have to include lawyer costs for whatever new "method" they are trying out this year(closed units, wildlife harassment). So a retainer fee could set you back some. Plus you'll need to tip WLH enough to cover Mike Foulkes bear hunting next year so THATS another $10k

But man. If you dont think you have to tip the camp cook at Tepanyakis, Le Caille, or Timbermine, your sadly incorrect..

Of course those costs assume you own your own plane, and have access to your own hanger.

But hell yes. Utah has huge deer.

I heard there are big bucks in Utah. Any suggestions how to get the right tag?
I am sure you already know the answer to that but it is interesting to read the replies.
For those that are interested, the 2020 draw statistics are up online.
Don’t forget to include the page that list the bonus point only purchasers!

Yes, we have huge mules in Utah. The DWR grows them on public lands. A few dozen people even get a crack at them every year. They waited 20 years to do it though. If you want to butt in line, just read the above posts.

Also, the easier the hunt, the more you better spend on guides and outfitting in order to 'make the most of it '. After all, nobody respects a guy who goes DIY on the Henry's and comes away with a 185" deer anymore...

Start buying points every year and then come back to this thread in around 20
years and I’ll tell you where to use them...
Right now I have 24 nonresident deer points. Please tell me where to use them.
Private message only of course!
Thanks

Buckhorn I wish I could tell you where to use them, I’m not sure in any state at the moment what the best units are, guides in Utah put a lot of time in, competition is fierce, you have a lot of time on your hands now your a good hunter and at this point in the game go have a great hunt and you might get lucky and find a giant.

Buckhorn I wish I could tell you where to use them, I’m not sure in any state at the moment what the best units are, guides in Utah put a lot of time in, competition is fierce, you have a lot of time on your hands now your a good hunter and at this point in the game go have a great hunt and you might get lucky and find a giant.
Thanks hawk
I already have my truck load of apples, 50 trail cameras ready and my 600 yard muzzeloader dialed in.
Just need to save up some money to hire a team of spotters.

You heard that, did ya?

Donate to the bonus point fund for a "few" years and hope that when you finally draw, you can still climb the hills, and that it's not a drought year, or a big fire year, or, well, any of a bunch of other reasons year.
Just said it to be funny! I have friends that will say that and have no idea about points, odds, and....

Just said it to be funny! I have friends that will say that and have no idea about points, odds, and....

Mine was made in jest back at you.

I knew what you meant. ;-)

And that's why I said that about the points too. It seems that by the time we do draw a tag, that's the year that something screws up the hunting!

Hell, how did the deer Gov tag holders do this year? Don't think I saw any pics with WLHs color mark on them.

Yes, there are a LOT of big bucks in Utah. Unfortunately, they are all dead and hanging on someone's wall. I have several in my house. Mostly from Wyoming or Idaho originally.

there are no big bucks left unless a 160-170 top end is what you consider a (BIG BUCK)
wrong you just need to go find a wealthy neighborhood with apple trees and a bunch of vegans that's were you will find the big ones and there mostly tame so you don't have to worry about spooking them

If you hunt hard you might be able to find a 150" deer. I am preety sure ByebyeObama is just stirring the pot because Utah deer hunting is a thing of the past!
I was. But honestly I just like hunting bucks. Success is more important than size. I grew up hunting blacktails. Try that sometime

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom