Utahn looking for Nevada 10 advice

dropper10

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-19 AT 05:15PM (MST)[p]Drew a early season (Oct 1-16)unit 10 Nevada deer tag. Been spending some time on the Ruby's and have seen lots of buck but nothing that is jaw dropping yet......anyone care to shed some light on other areas within unit 10 that they've hunted?? Don't think I am going to go the crowded Ruby Mtn route and am interested in being a foot soldier in a lower deer density area for a shot at a monster. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't ever put in for that area but know where you may find a couple nice bucks. A monster depends on on how far you hold it out in the picture

Harrison Pass looks as if its out of the question. There was a 16000 acre fire there the beginning of August. (Corta fire). There is also one further south of that burning now. There is plenty of places to get off the beaten path and hike in. Get a forest serive map and look for access points. 102 has the most deer. 101 and 102 are hiking areas. No sitting in the truck and looking out the windows. 103 you can do some of that. I hunt 102 mainly. early hunt means hiking to the top. Have fun and good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom