Utardia!!! $50 to submit a harvest report.....

3bigelkid

So I sat down today to fill out my harvest reports for all the states I hunted this year. The great state of Utah wants to charge me $50 to submit my harvest report!!!

They lady on the phone said, since my report was not entered within 30 days after the season close, I am to be charge $50 to submit my survey. I am more that willing to give them this information for free!!!I don't need to be fleeced $50 bucks for the information they want. WOW, I think I will keep my money and information of harvest. That should help you guys down there figure out whats wrong with your deer herd.

New state slogan/moto...

"UTAH,We bend you over coming and going"

In Nevada if you don't submit your hunt survey within 30 days you will have to pay a fine or you don't get to hunt the next season.

It's pretty clear when you draw the tag that you have to fill out a harvest survey within the alotted time. If you don't you will get dinged for $50.00 to be eligible for the next year. I guess they could have written it in crayon and drew a circle around it for you.;-)

>It's pretty clear when you draw
>the tag that you have
>to fill out a harvest
>survey within the alotted time.
>If you don't you will
>get dinged for $50.00 to
>be eligible for the next
>year. I guess they could
>have written it in crayon
>and drew a circle around
>it for you.;-)

As far as I know, penalties for not following guidelines or rules is not a NEW thing!

Yep,
I am whinning a little bit! Keep the insults coming....

Really though, what do you think is an approptiate fee to be charged. $5,$10,$50.

You can still penalize a applicant by not allowing them to put in for the drawing the following year until the report is submited. $50 is a little steep in my opinion but I guess you probably figrued that out from the first post ;-)

Now back to drawing circles with my colored wax sticks.

Funny, guys whine and moan that Utah doesn't have adequate mandatory reporting requirements and that the state makes management decisions with incomplete data. But when the state tries to step up efforts to collect timely information then they are ripping people off and being unfair. Fish and Game just can't win.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-10 AT 05:46PM (MST)[p]Why should you be above the rules? Does your chit not stink?
Looks like Utah isn't the only state with tards!
Traditional only >>>------->

Well 3big!

Even TARDS have Rules!:D

What I wanna know is:How many FRICKEN different States did you Draw?

And I Quote: So I sat down today to fill out my harvest reports for all the states I hunted this year.

You make it sound like you had to take a day off of work just to fill all these reports out!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

Let me see , You could always stay out of utah and do us all a favor ! I did the exact same thing last year missed it by one day ,my fault ,i payed the $50 PAY UP AND QUIT YOUR BITCHIN !!!!

I have to pay 50 for my LE elk and another 50 for the CWMU deer tag I had this year. I guess thats what I get for putting it off.

Hey wet_boot!

Cowboy-Up!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

I think they should fine people if they don't file a harvest report. I think 30 days is a little fast but 60 is more reasonable. I honestly wish you had to file for ever tag you draw not just the LE ones.

Heres the Deal!

It wouldn't be hard to figure out what kind of success on average there is in LE Units!(This is changing as we speak & will change more in the near future with the Spike Bull Hunts in LE Units!)

They only do RANDOM Surveys on General Deer Hunts,where we really need info better than Random!

Maybe these numbers will match their Deer Count Numbers?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

"I am to be charge $50 to submit my survey."

No your being charged for NOT doing it on time!
Follow the rules or pay the fine!
The point of the fine is to get the report on time.
Seems simple enough

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom