Utility worker job in Kemmerer

Duties & Responsibilities

To perform semi-skilled and skilled routine tasks

Install, operate and maintain gas-distribution facilities

Locate and mark existing buried pipelines

Complete DOT-required and routine inspections and documentation (i.e., pipeline patrols, cathodic-protection surveys and leak surveys)

Make repairs to asphalt paving and concrete work

Respond to emergency calls (i.e., gas leaks, fires and broken lines)

Install new meter sets

Relocate meters

Help turn on and adjust natural gas appliances

Operate vehicles, trailers, backhoes and other motorized and non-motorized equipment in a safe and responsible manner

Make phone and door calls to collect accounts, returned checks, and deposits

Leave notices at customers? premises requesting payment

Discontinue gas service at customers? premises when customers fail to pay for service and able to read gas meters

Perform customer-contact work by telephone, in person or in writing

Contact non-residential and landlord-class customers to collect or make arrangements for payment

Refer customers with delinquent accounts to the appropriate agencies for assistance

Comply with all red flag rules as it relates to sensitive information and maintenance of identity-theft records

Perform other duties as assigned

Work Conditions

Requires working: on-call; shifts; overtime; weekends and/or holidays; around live gas; outside in hot or inclement weather; on slippery and uneven surfaces; in noisy environments; and around toxic substances, nonionizing radiation from welding flashes and sunburn, and moving objects and equipment

Requires: standing or walking for long periods; frequent bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, balancing and reaching; and driving, towing and operating company vehicles and equipment in congested city and neighborhood traffic, sometimes driving long distances between cities and towns, at times in inclement weather and with wet, slippery and potentially hazardous road conditions; and out-of-town travel with overnight stays

May involve close-eye-contact work

Knowledge / Skills / Abilities

Knowledge of: basic arithmetic; tools, methods and materials for repair, maintenance and construction; construction equipment (i.e., backhoes, generators, air compressors, boring equipment, and hand and mechanical tools); customer policies, procedures and tariff guideline; and application of grammar, spelling and punctuation skills; and ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft software (i.e., Word and Excel).

Skill in: negotiating; and relating interpersonally with internal and external customers.

Ability to: see objects at close range; determine the distance and relationship between objects; write legibly; perform semi-skilled computer operations (i.e., email, data entry and data retrieval); read and understand piping-system schematics and other maps; read and understand written instructions; communicate effectively orally and in writing; match or discriminate between colors; communicate with supervisors, co-workers, customers and others in a positive customer-oriented manner; lift 100 pounds; become company qualified on plastic-pipe fusion after attending company schooling; follow company safety practices and policies; hear to detect the proximity of machinery and equipment, receive and respond to telephone and written inquires from customers; operate office equipment including copy machines, calculators, fax machines and printer; handle emergencies and stressful situations; contribute to a positive work environment; be courteous to co-workers and customers; follow directions from supervisors; and refrain from abusive or profane language and behavior in the workplace.

Requirements

Regular attendance

Undergo random drug and/or alcohol testing with satisfactory results subject to DOT and company requirements

A valid driver?s license for the size and type of vehicle to be driven

An acceptable driving record and be insurable based upon driving record

Possess, or acquire within a reasonable time, a commercial driver?s license with HAZMAT certification

Obtain and maintain medical clearance to operate a DOT-regulated vehicle and to wear a respirator

Undergo annual audiometric testing

Wear safety shoes, fire-retardant coveralls and other personal protective equipment as required

Ability to become DOT operator-qualified while working in the position

Adherence to all company policies, including the Questar Corporation Business Ethics and Compliance Policy. May be required to pass written and skills evaluations

>wtf is "close-eye-contact work"

Don't Worry!

You have that one Mastered Homer!

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

Do you provide child care? I don't have a babysitter.
I can't work weekends, holidays or nights.
I need 6 weeks vacation per year.
Do you have maternity leave? I'll need 6 weeks off when my wife has the baby.
I need two sick days per month with pay.
I have a hard time getting up before 9am. Can I start at 10am?
I can start November 1st after deer season.

If it doesn't look like I would be a good fit, I'll just stay on welfare and grow weed on the side.

Its awesome how a guy can post a job opportunity, trying to help out people looking for work and some can turn it into the same circle jerk most of the posts on here get turned into. thx

Hey gas man I would love to get on that job! I live in Lyman wy have been an engineer/conductor for the last 5 years switching rail cars out for oci. I put in my app do you have any pole in the hiring process?
hornkiller.jpg

>Its awesome how a guy can
>post a job opportunity, trying
>to help out people looking
>for work and some can
>turn it into the same
>circle jerk most of the
>posts on here get turned
>into. thx

That's the way of MM these days. I worked the Shute Creek gas plant as it was built. Hope you find someone. mtmuley

Gasman, good on you for sharing this opportunity with our fellow sportsmen. Hopefully on of our own can land that job and make the most of the opportunity.

-Hawkeye-

I stand with Hawkeye. I am NOT from that area and wondered if $24 an hour is a normal family man's wages. But to share this Job among MM'eys is cool in my way of thinking. Hiring a Hunter would mean getting a man with determinations. Those skill sets don't appear on many resumes.

Jagerdad :)

I work in the Natural gas field also. I try to hire non hunters, as the fall rush is the hardest time to have everyone off on vacation. But you take the best guy and deal with the vacation on seniority. If I was a bit younger I would love to transfer over to Questar. In fact I bid a couple Jobs 15 years ago around the Salt Lake area. Finding OQ guys in todays world is getting harder. Especially guys that can weld, run a backhoe and do inside service work. Hope you find a good one or two Gasman.

DZ

>I stand with Hawkeye. I am
>NOT from that area and
>wondered if $24 an hour
>is a normal family man's
>wages. But to share this
>Job among MM'eys is cool
>in my way of thinking.
>Hiring a Hunter would mean
>getting a man with determinations.
>Those skill sets don't appear
>on many resumes.
>
>Jagerdad :)

Its funny you mentioned the determination of a hunter. One of my coworkers and I were talking about hiring a hunter, he said its going to complicate vacation, I was more or less thinking, I like the way hunters have goals and are determined to achieve them.

Seniority is #1. We all had to be the junior guy on the job and get left-overs for vacation choices, including Christmas. If a worker sniveled and the Manager heard such, it is time to watch Mr. Junior all the closer. Job/Career + Dedication should be #1 right with #1 as family. One juggles both at times. A good wife will understand and appreciate the sacrifices Hubby makes to keep a roof over everyone and food on the Table.

A Manager who frets about vacations among the troops is maybe too close to the staff. The Company must come first. Such a worker may never say a word or ever see the Boss but the Boss will certainly know sharply, of this fine worker. The hard aspect is such fine workers are camouflaged.....They are wearing a Woman's Body :)

Yes, Hire the Lady. The do more work and less talking than Men :)

I sound like: Drill Sergeant Jagerdad :) :)

I worked for a non union sawmill for 31 years before I retired. I seldom missed any work and worked all the overtime or job they offered, so when I asked for time off to go hunting they always found a way to accommodate me. Some times they called it vacation and some times not. That's the beauty of a non union shop.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom