UWC: April Service Project: Volunteers

stillhunterman

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-11 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]In cooperatin with the DWR and the UWC, we will be assisting local ranchers plant trees, shrubs, etc. See information below. Anyone and Everyone is invited to help out. We will be there come rain or shine. See information below: Please contact Brent Shelby for additional information: [email protected] or myself [email protected] You can also visit www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org and click on "Service". Thanks!!!

When: Saturday April 16, 2010, 10:00
Where: Jubilee/IGA Grocery store in Roosevelt, see map-directions attached
What: We will be conducting 2 habitat projects in the Northeast Region. Both projects will be planting trees, shrubs and other plants (600 plants each)to help local wildlife. We will meet at the IGA and receive a short introduction and raffle from the UWC board. We are hoping to also have DWR staff on hand to provide some information on the benefits of these projects. After these short presentations, we will split into to groups and depart for the projects. Please bring shovels, hammers, gloves, and anything else you think may be useful.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS
--------------------------------------------------
A) Lehi, UT US
1. Start out going EAST on W 300 N/W 3RD N toward N CENTER ST. (go 0.04 miles)
2. Take the 1st RIGHT onto N CENTER ST.
- If you are on E 300 N and reach N 100 E you've gone a little too far
(go 0.24 miles)
3. Take the 3rd LEFT onto E MAIN ST/UT-73.
- If you are on S CENTER ST and reach E 100 S you've gone a little too far
(go 0.78 miles)
4. Merge onto I-15 S toward LAS VEGAS.
- If you reach N 1200 E you've gone about 0.2 miles too far
(go 7.72 miles)
5. Take the UT-52/800 NO. exit, EXIT 272, toward US-189. (go 0.34 miles)
6. Turn LEFT onto UT-52 E/W 800 N/W 8TH N. Continue to follow UT-52 E/W 800 N.
- If you reach I-15 S you've gone about 0.2 miles too far
(go 3.73 miles)
7. Merge onto US-189 N. (go 21.51 miles)
8. Turn RIGHT onto S MAIN ST/US-40/S US-40. Continue to follow US-40.
- US-40 is just past S DANIELS RD
(go 96.32 miles)
9. Turn RIGHT onto S 200 E.
- S 200 E is 0.1 miles past S STATE ST
(go 0.39 miles)
10. [700-799] S 200 E.
- Your destination is just past E 700 S
- If you reach E 800 S you've gone a little too far
(go 0 miles)
B) [700-799] S 200 E, Roosevelt, UT 84066 US

Even if your not a UWC member your welcome to join us! Its all for the benefit of local wildlife.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Thanks justr! I meant to put that at the very top :) They say at my age the memory is the second thing to go!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME HELP! IT SHOULD BE A BALL TO GET OUT AND PLAY IN THE MUD!

I don't mind a good service project but is this on private land or public? I will be in Kansas hunting this weekend but if I wasn't I would come help. But I would try and find those ranchers that were given fencing and posts to put up around their haystacks and didn't get around to it. That cost quite a few elk their lives and would be an added benefit to an already good project.

It's always an adventure!!!

>I don't mind a good service
>project but is this on
>private land or public?
>I will be in Kansas
>hunting this weekend but if
>I wasn't I would come
>help. But I would
>try and find those ranchers
>that were given fencing and
>posts to put up around
>their haystacks and didn't get
>around to it. That
>cost quite a few elk
>their lives and would be
>an added benefit to an
>already good project.
>
>
>It's always an adventure!!!

Yeah Bull, it's on private land that the local wildlife use, it will be very beneficial to the critters. That's a good idea about the fencing, will look into it more. Thanks.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom