Valle Vidal archery info.

outdoorsdude

So, going to the Valle this year for second archery.

Seven years ago, I helped on a third rifle hunt and have done one scouting trip, so there is a penciled in plan in place. I wanted to go scouting this (Labor day) weekend, but decided against it, I just didn't want to get in the way of anyone out there for first archery.

As it is OIL and you can't use your 'honey hole' twice, anybody want to share your experiences in 'The Valle'?

Either go up high (Blind Canyon/Powder House) or hunt the main Valle. Sooo many elk in both places and so few hunters, you will be stalking elk all day during that 2nd hunt. Having horses is a big plus for this hunt. Good luck!

I just got back from the first archery and it was awesome. We saw a lot of big bulls and they were already bugling like crazy. We were able to make well over a dozen stalks on good bulls but just couldn't get it done. I drew on a bull at 20 yards that turned around right before he entered my lane and drew on another bull that entered the lane facing us head on and screamed about ten times before turning to leave. I am more than happy to share with you what I learned while there. We hunted extremely hard and I put 48.5 miles on my boots to make it happen. I only had four days to hunt so I made the decision to shoot a cow and after several days of trying for a bull a cow made some poor decisions and it earned her an arrow through the heart and lungs. She was my first elk with a bow and I am absolutely thrilled to have brought her home. Send me a pm and I will give you the details of where we went and what we saw.

Cory

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-12 AT 07:43AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-12 AT 07:38?AM (MST)

NMwapiti and Coryb,
Thank you for answering and offering assistance.

6818valle_vidal_026.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom