Valle Vidal Controlled Burn? (update, false alarm!)

NevadaSheep

(updated/edited Post!) I was able to speak to the Carson Nation Forest's rep regarding the discussed Valle Vidal controlled burn. They stated they are focused on minimizing the impacts to any hunts and that the discussed burn would not overlap with elk seasons on the Valle Vidal. Sounds like it would occur later in the fall once there is a break in the action. Doesn't seem to be a potential issue for hunters based on my interaction with the office

Last edited:
I talked to the fire guys in the VV on the 6th and it was scheduled to go down on the 12th. They said the area between Windy Gap and McCrystal campground was being burned. I left on the 9th so I don’t know if they were still there. They said there would mostly be a lot of smoke, but they weren’t going to vacate McCrsytal campground.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom