valle vidal elk hunt

mailman

1361elk_skull.jpg

4045elk_camp.jpg

Took this big boy in the Valle Vidal. Woke up Saturday to 20 inches of snow. Beautiful country.

And the story goes.....We headed out Friday for a spike camp we set up about 4 miles in. on the way up we past a few heards with some nice bulls screaming all the way to the top where we set up camp. got to bed early to only wake up to about 20 inches of snow and it was still coming down. to make things worse I ended up with a respritory infection that put me to my knees. I hunted thru the morning felt like ****. Got back to camp about 11am only to see my buddy walking up covered in blood with a nice 6x6 on his back. that was it I was pumped full of adrenilyn(?). I had a little lunch set out down hill, right away I was in the screaming. I was into about 3 bulls one very nice. Followed them for an hour till I couldnt see them, so I stood up big mistake the big one was 20 feet from me BUSTED. He was gone before I could raise my gun. The bugeling never stopped I was on more within 15 minutes. Just for fun tried to see how many Bulls we could call in. With the mouth diafram we had 3 bulls in within 20 yards of us. Just then another good size elk cruised in and the other 3 took off. He sat there in front of us for 30 minutes before standing up. Then he stood up quartering away no shot. he went over a hill we chased him to his heard of cows about15 of them. The cows booked off left and with a little call he stopped 70 yards in front of me Whack double lunger.....he got up started walking away OMG I thought , reloaded shot again little high broke his back down he went....he got up again I couldnt believe it , reloaded got close and finished him. 240 grn XTP and 3 pellets it took 3 shots these are one tough beast. Anyways packed him out at 1030pm in the snow on a full moon. what an amazing night.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom