Valle Vidal Elk

cbat

My buddies young daughter drew the nr elk MB hunt for Oct. Looking for some in put as I have never hunted that area and I will be going with them.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-14 AT 10:23AM (MST)[p]sent you a pm

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/8125barry\'s_elk.jpg

8105img_0317.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-14 AT 05:51PM (MST)[p]Place is an elk paradise...was driving off Vermejo last year in the evening after a light rainstorm and had a low 300's bull parallel my truck from between 2-300 yards down the valley for about a mile...I'd stop, he'd stop and rake brush and bugle...I'd roll on, and here he'd come galloping along. It was really wierd, don't know what the hell was wrong with him...pretty entertaining though

This was during second archery, and not a hunter anywhere around

Elk could be glassed up by the dozens during primetime in just quick sweeps from my perches up on the Culebras. A few pretty big bulls as well.

Anyway, good luck to you guys, and have fun! Like I said, an elky wonderland :)

Cheers,

Adam

**edit---the chaser bull was on the Valle, not the Ranch

It's an amazing place. Should be a great hunt. Definately cherish it. I drew in 2010 for muzzleloader and I had probably 15 - 20 bulls screaming opening day from daylight till noon. Feel free to PM me and I'll share what I know.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l41/tmatthewe/PA020028.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Travis

As stated above the VV is Elk paradise.You can find bulls just about anywhere.No off road travel so take horses or plan on hiking back in a ways. There is a reason its OIL hunt.Have fun and post up some pics.
Jack

I drew the tag when I was 7 and my brother also drew the tag at the same time when he was 10. We both took 2 nice 320-340 bulls I won't say who killed the bigger one! But congrats a lot of people drive right passed some of the best areas. I've guided up there quite abit and like people have said elk paradise lots of elk country all to yourself. One of the most memorable hunts I've had that's for sure

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-14 AT 12:30PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-14 AT 12:27?PM (MST)

Here is my 2012 Muzzleloader Valle Vidal bull. It is truly a magical place. It is elk heaven. You guys are going to have a blast!!!
6486image.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-14 AT 10:57AM (MST)[p]The Valle is saaaweeet!

707810-26-2007-08.jpg

Smoked a bit..Turbo lit..and that was it..

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom