Valle Vidal FOR THREE OF US.

biggamehunter35

I woke up this morning to see we had also drew for Valle Videl muzzleloader Me, my dad, and cousin. I'm so pump up. I thought i had used all my luck up when i drew a 2b deer tags last year.

LAST EDITED ON May-07-12 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]Nice, i think we all will do well. Now starts the fun part planning the trip. Alot of people have sayed for the muzzleloader hunt the bulls are going nuts bugling i hope that is true. My goal is to get a 330 class bull but most of all to enjoy spending time with my dad and my good friend. Hopefully we will all tag out and have pictures to post.

Looks like you guys are set for a great time. Good luck on some great bulls.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

You guys are going to have a blast up there. I shot a mz bull, 310 frame, back in the early 90s. Don't do what I do an pull the trigger on the first big one you see. I was well east of the top....but there were plenty of bulls over there.

I can't wait to get out there. I'll take it there is some big boys out there i hope we run into atleast one monster. When you went out there for the muzzleloader hunt were they still talking. Any info that you can share will be great help.

Congrats. I was there last year. Tagged out first day. Wish I would have waited. Ran into a big 7x7 while hauling mine out. Be patient

I lucked out and drew it the first time I applied in New Mexico. Cabela's did the application for me, so I didn't even really know what I drew when I did. I haven't hunted any other unit in NM, but even my guide (who's hunted and guided all over) said that you may find bigger elk in the Gila, but you won't have an experience like hunting the Valle Vidal. I'd love to be able to hunt it again.

Thanks guys i can't wait to get out there. I'm going to try and be patient and hold out for a big one. It sounds like i will not have a problem finding bulls it sounds like being patient is the hard part for that big one. I can't wait to experience VALLE VIDAL!!!!!!!

We were lucky enough to draw the Muzzleloader hunt in 09 for the wife.
1539044.jpg

Those are some nice bulls, Congrats to the two young ladies and your wife too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Toro, Thank you for sharing those pictures. Those are some Great bulls, I hope we are lucky enough to get some bulls that size out there. Also congrats to your wife and the two girls.

It is going to be the first weekend of October. Sounds good that would be some great help. It will give me a idea were to start scouting at in Sept. Also Congrats on your tag!!!Good luck on your bear hunt it also sounds like a fun hunt post pictures when you get back.

Valle Vidal is where it is at! I use to live in Taos and put some serious miles on my truck driving up after swinging a hammer all day. It's like Disney Land for elk hunters!

http://vimeo.com/41652636

I killed a 330+ bull there and watched my brother miss a 6x6 that was pushing 370 ive spent quite a bit of time there really great unit dont settle for asmall bull first day you will get plenty of oppurtunities

Thats good to hear adkins i hope one of us run into a 370 class bull(I hope it is me lol). And Congrats on getting a 330 class bull. I'm going to go try to put some miles on my boots and hope to run into a monster bull.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-12 AT 09:21AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-13-12 AT 09:09?AM (MST)

here are some cordinate 36.493930, 105.194776 is a little meadow we had some action in but these other 2 is the place to be 36.492587, 105.201289 is a good rifle meadow we had ton of elk in it just post up and enjoy the action but the best meadow i think is 36.490169, 105.203960 this is where that 370 bull was and there was tons of sign this is by fernandez canyon which is another good spot to look into as well everyone goes way into the valle and drive by what i think is some of the best hunting in the unit but i hunted the north west side of the unit by rio costillo and vermejo. this is the bull i took
3019valle_vidal.jpg

Nice bulls some long G3 on the bull you got mounted. I hope i see one like that when i go up on my hunt. Thank you for the information i really appreciate it. I'll look into these areas when i go scouting. It looks like i have some good areas to look at. Thank you i'll post pictures when i get back hopefully with some nice bulls.

another bit of advice. Use a quality Sabot. I ued an XTP 240 and I had to put 3 in him to bring him down. The first two shots were perfect. They are thick animals up there.

Good luck on that bow hunt my friend was up there three or four years ago and pull down 350 class bull for that late bow hunt. Let us know how your hunt goes.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom