Valle Vidal Youth Hunt Help!

I

ipmtine

Has anybody hunted the Valle Vidal Bull hunt? My 12 yr old daughter got very fortunate this year to draw this tag. She has killed two cow elk to this date on the youth encouragement tags. I have been camping to that area but never really hiked around. We have horses and can cover a lot of ground. Any information would be great. I would like for her to hold out for a good bull. Thanks

Wow, a hunt there and with your own horses should be fabulous. Good luck to the lucky youngster and I hope you have a ton of fun and she gets a big one.

Awesome tag most people driving in from the north drive right past some of the best country the Valle has killed a 320 bull when I was 8 there an have helped some family and friends out there you will be in for an amazing hunt ive tagged along/hunted it 5 times and everyone tagged out a good bull there is anything over 300" but they do have some really good bulls there chased a 370 class bull until the last afternoon and my cousin ended up with a 6x6 that scored in the 300's

Congrats to your daughter on a GREAT tag. Tons of elk and truly gods country...If you have horses take them! will allow you to get into country people without horses won't be. GL and have a GREAT HUNT.

CC

My daughter harvested a cow there 2 years ago. What time of year is your hunt?

Always willing to share info with folks with youth hunters. The afternoon/evening she was successful, we walked into a herd of 200+. Saw bulls every day.

One of the most beautiful sights I have ever been witness to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

Thanks for al the replys. The hunt is Oct 13th. We are very excited for this hunt.

I would also suggest getting the horses in mountain shape and make sure you can pack one with an elk. If they are in good shape they will help you cover a lot more ground in the high altitude areas.
She will have a great time I'm sure of it. There are a lot of elk in there, just make sure she picks the right one to shoot.

Oh, and it is possible to see the biggest bull of the hunt the first day! I held out for a bigger one and never saw it so I brought home an average bull.

One of my favorite pics from a couple years ago.

DSCF3754a.JPG

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom