Van Halen

wileywapati

Very Active Member
I know this doesn't have a darn thing to do with
hunting. I was just wondering if anyone had seen the current
Van Halen tour and what you thought??

I saw them on 8-1 in Denver. My ears were ringing for 3 days. Much too loud in the Pepsi Center. Didn't think the opening band, Shinedown was overly impressive. Was kinda cool to see Eddie V's kid out there with pop on the guitar. Sammy can still rock with the best of them.

Coot

I saw them here in vegas sat, with 2 guys from work.
Was an awesome concert.

-Cass

I saw them in Salt Lake on 8/3. It was my first time seeing VH & Sammy. Sammy sounds great & is a great performer. He must have signed 100 souveniers during the show.

Eddie looked great - last time I saw him he looked old, but he's buff now. Eddie was every bit as impressive as I'd hoped - which is saying a lot considering I expected him to be the best guitar player I'd ever seen. He should stick to playing though because every time he opened his mouth something foul came out of it. (I'm not a prude, but his language detracted from his solo as far as I'm concerned). His boy playing Cathedral with him was really cool.

Alex' drum solo was good. Michael Anthony's bass solo was the same one from the 5150 concert video - a bunch of pounding the bass body & feedback & Jack Daniels. It was a waste of 10 minutes.

All in all, I was really happy with the show & would jump at the chance to see them again. I'd really like to see Sammy by himself, too. Definitely worth seeing - knowing Eddie, they'll have a blow up & never tour again. See them while you can!

Guy

I was just wondering if it was just me but after watching over
20 years of Van Halen shows I would have to put the set at the Delta Center as one of the best sets I have seen VH play.

MDQ, Eddie was unfortunately plowed beyond belief
but even then he is still head and shoulders above the average poser wannabe Eddie clones on the scene today. He is still the best rock and roll guitar player on earth, and for a 49 year old dude he looked great.

WW

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom