VERY INTRESTING

A

AZBoy

This was posted on coueswhitetail.com by a guy going by wetmule (he may even be a member here, by another name?) so I can't substantiate it. It is interesting though....

To all who have responded and those that will. I agree with all that has been said so far but would like to add a few thoughts. The AZ G & F lost this court case, they also have known for months that they were going to loose. A private individual resident along with a few others (nameless for now) months ago, hired their own attorney to combat taulman and this issue in concert with the G & F attorneys. They have spent upwards of $50,000 + on all our behalf fighting for us to remedy the situation. This attorney came up with a solution that would fix the problem by setting aside a percentage of the total permits issued in the form of commercial permits or outfitters permits much like how several other states handle their nonresident permits. From what I can tell this is a perfectly legal solution to the non-res cap issue, whereas the current system according to the judge violates the interstate commerce laws or regulations. It was reccomended to the G & F for them to let the judge know that the G & F was taking steps in good faith to remedy this situation by way of creating outfitters permits or commercial permits which could be limited to 10% or any number they wanted. As far as resident hunters go this would'nt change our odds of drawing, it would be perfecttly legal and Taulman wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he is trying to get more hunters drawn for AZ hunts. GUESS WHAT the G & F purposely failed to let the judge know that it was trying to remedy the situation. The G & F attorneys are incompetent and the whole dept. is to blame. When it comes to important issues they are just another bumbling beaurocracy that is reactive and not pro-active. I would strongly suggest that all of you get involved and voice your dis-pleasure in every way possible. As far as them not telling you if you were drawn or not, you have the right to know, it's called the freedom of information act, they have to give you that information. If I drew a STRIP tag this year or an early bull hunt and they give my tag to a non-res. You can bet that I will file suit against the Dept. I suggest you do as well. The odss of even getting drawn once in a lifetime are so minute these days you can bet I will be seeing them in court.
THE GAME AND FISH DEPT. NEEDS TO WAKE UP ! They are loosing its constituancy, that is all of us AZ residents. When we can't get drawn, when our kids can't get drawn they loose us, and we are the ones that live here, support them on issues like the Sabino Canyon Lion issue, provide them jobs and pay their salaries. When they cater to non-residents before they take care of the residents they are going down the wrong path. This on-line application process is convenient but it is bull---- when they don't charge all fees up front. They need to raise all permit fees and they need to reallly raise non-res fees along with some form of cap on the number of permits that non res. get.
WE ARE LOSING OUR AZ HUNTING RIGHTS YOU PEOPLE BETTER GET UNITED AND START VOICING YOUR CONCERNS AND RAIL ON THE G & F THAT IS SORELY LACKING VISION AND LEADERSHIP ! THANKS FOR LISTENING

If you are from the South Eastern part of Arizona and you would like to get more involved, united and start voicing your concerns regarding AZ Fish and Wildlife, the South Eastern Arizona Sportsmen Club can possibly be of help. Check out the clubs website at www.seazsc.com or contact Club President Brian Heap at (928) 865-9393 after 5:00 pm. They are actively involved in all aspects of AZ Fish & Wildlife, not to mention lots of beneficial club activities involving the great state of Arizona!

I'm from Nevada and these issues worry me as well. Hopefully they find a way to put a stop to this guy. One disagreement I have is with raising non resident tag prices through the roof. This plays right into USO and other "high end" outfitter's hands. I'd imagine that an extra grand or two is a drop in the bucket to most of their clients, while eliminating serious independent hunters with average means like myself.
Jerry

Jerry,

You are right, Lots of People paying 10 & 20 grand plus for Trophy Elk tags in Vermejo Park New Mexico for example. It can easily turn into only the Wealthy hunting our National forests too! Gotta be a better solution! Rather than put out the little fires, get rid of the dragon. Figure out a way to get rid of the dragon! Getting sponsors involved, involving hunters from other states, (they will likely be next) appealing & extending legal fees so maybe they run out of legal financing, everyone voicing their opinions & raising hell! I don't have the solutions but maybe someone will figure it out! Hit em where it hurts & GET RID OF THE DRAGON!

"This attorney came up with a solution that would fix the problem by setting aside a percentage of the total permits issued in the form of commercial permits or outfitters permits much like how several other states handle their nonresident permits."

SCREW THAT!

That is EXACTLY what USO wants.

I would rather set aside those permits for any NR, not just those who can afford a guide.

To the best of my knowledge the orginal post here is correct. Our Assistant Attorney General is to blame by not accepting initially the "offered acceptance" of a true 10% cap by USO a few years back. Also I found out that a private party did pay to find a solution and AZGFD either through apathy or Pride at the Attorney Generals office did not act on this action plan that was paid for by a sportsman. I think getting rid of or taming the Dragon is a good idea. We the total supporters of the game department should scream out for accountability. We support their salaries and yet they disrespect us by making decisions on our behalf without any "public input" when its crucial. We have these public meeting when in fact their decisions that will affect us are already made. Nevada is already done and Wyoming was a couple days ago so dont think this precedent set by the ruling on the 13th wont go any further, it will, it will hit Utah, Colorado etc... all states. It is an issue with "discrimination" and the feds will run with it..........voice your opinions before its too late......... Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom