Video a hunt options

scpaisley

I'm taking the father in law on a guided hunt this year, sort of a one time thing. I was thinking of filming it but not sure what to look for that would be somewhat inexpensive but get reliable video from and still be hardened for the environment. So I thought why not ask the masses. Any suggestions? I'm not wanting spend a lot of money as I probably won't use it all that often, more than likely just this one time. Just want to get it on video so he can have that memory on film. Thanks!

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

I would look at some of the sony handicams. They are fairly inexpensive and small (you can fit them in your pocket).

I would get one with a hard drive in it. You dont have to worry about running out of tape, and it seems like the eject mechanism is always the first to go. The hard drive models eliminate that problem, plus you dont have to worry about recording over something cool on accident.

The hard drive cams also turn on when you flip open the screen. No more waiting for the tape to wind up before you can record, and no more running your camera out of battery when you forget to turn off the power switch.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

www.nationwidehuntingadventures.com

And use a tripod!!!! Not much worse that watching a shaky video that looks worse than the Blair Witch Project.

I never thought of renting the equipment, good call there. I'll have too look into that.

You mean you don't like the seasickness you get with a shaky video? Wheres the fun in that

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom