Video: Big desert shed, and a bobcat almost got me

Since I was pulling traps out of an area that I found a big single, I decided to give it a quick look. I was able to glass what I thought was the match from about 300 yards away only to find out when I got home that it was from a bigger buck. I also caught a bobcat that decided it wasn’t going to do what every other bobcat I’ve caught does and bluff charge. She went right for me and almost connected!

Since I was pulling traps out of an area that I found a big single, I decided to give it a quick look. I was able to glass what I thought was the match from about 300 yards away only to find out when I got home that it was from a bigger buck. I also caught a bobcat that decided it wasn’t going to do what every other bobcat I’ve caught does and bluff charge. She went right for me and almost connected!
Nice video, caught a cat like that once, only it was a cougar,
she almost got me as well!
Nice to see you back at it, looking forward to seeing you and
Brodie on Sat. ?

I used to trap bobcats in Arizona back in the late 70's and early 80's with my Grandfather.We used to hit the fox and coyotes right on top of there nose and then crush there chest with our boots.I know this is extreme, but that is how my Grandfather was taught.My grandfather only tried one time on a bobcat and it was bad.We always used 22 shorts on cats.I see this is the desert and it must not be Arizona or it is on the reservation, because the granola's shut down leg hold traps years ago.My buddy was trapping on the Navajo res. Probably around 15 years ago until the Indians realized they could basically sell to the highest bidder and that went away.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom