Video Camera

YoungBuck

What is the best video camera for wildlife use?...something with lots of clear zoom and isnt extra heavy...but size really doesnt matter.
Looking for something under $3,000
I have seen a couple in a few different hunting magazines that are suppose to be pretty good....but I thought I would check in here and see what you guys think.
YB

I have a Canon GL1 and really like it it is the older version without the photo card I think it is 20x zoom and 100xdig zoom. The model right above it (I think the GL2)would be my first choice because you can put different lenses on it. I think it is in your price range.

My GL1 has been used 90% of the time in the woods and has been pretty reliable, I did have to send it in to be cleaned after about 3 years. Before I bought it I did a lot of research and almost everyone told me to go with one of the two aformentioned cannons in that price range.

P.s. Buy a couple of extra batteries. The handiest gadget I bought after having the camera was a power converter that pluged into my truck, that solved any problems of needing an A/C outlet to charge the batteries when you are in the boonies just plug it into the truck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom