Video kill shots

Castnshoot

Very Active Member
I see The Wild Sheep Foundation is no longer going to allow any type of kill shot footage to be associated with their organization.

“Videos containing kill-shot/impact footage, animals hitting the ground,,,,,,,,,,,,,,”

Is this something hunters should support?

Kinda like Sportsman’s Warehouse not allowing pictures of kids with any kind of guns in the picture for the bragging board.

You’d think Sportsman’s would encourage kids shooting and hunting?——-SS
That is sad if true.
Now I have an extra place to boycott added to my Expo boycott.

Yup. It comes up as a disclaimer when you post on the new digital bragging board. I was trying to post a picture of my son with his first limit of quail. Unfortunately, it included his shotgun so it wasn’t allowed.

I never thought to hide the gun before taking pictures.

OP……Sorry to hyjack the thread. ——-SS

Why not. Look at how many dudes "harvest" an animal now days because the honesty of kill is to triggering. Why not pretend the sheep died of natural causes.

The harm to hunting isn't the kill shot. The harm to hunting, is the social media that displays the kill shot. Bullet hitting animal is the most honest part of all of it

Why not. Look at how many dudes "harvest" an animal now days because the honesty of kill is to triggering. Why not pretend the sheep died of natural causes.

The harm to hunting isn't the kill shot. The harm to hunting, is the social media that displays the kill shot. Bullet hitting animal is the most honest part of all of it

In the WSF’s reasoning for the policy you will find terms like “The sophistication of our audiences ”.

Are Sheep hunters more sophisticated than regular hunters,, kind of like fly fisherman are to real fishermen?

Not sure what I think about their decisions to eliminate kill shot videos. I'm still scratching my head.

I like kill vids but, then again, I'm not too sophisticated.

Poorly hit animal videos maybe shouldn't be paraded around (no reason to excite the nonhunters) but otherwise good shots are a celebration, in my way of thinking.

I read a RMEF article about an unsuccessful elk hunt and it seemed like they were going out of their way to glorify the lack of success as some higher level badge of honor. It made me puke and I was dumber for reading it!

Zeke

I read a RMEF article about an unsuccessful elk hunt and it seemed like they were going out of their way to glorify the lack of success as some higher level badge of honor. It made me puke and I was dumber for reading it!

Zeke

This is why hunting is loosing ground, afraid to talk about it in its real form so as to tip toe around it and not offend the tender hearted.

The whimpification of the hard facts.

Wasn't the WSF involved in that sheep hunt that got posted on YouTube, "The Duke" a few years back. I suspect that sh!t show had a great deal to do with this decision.

Here it is

In fairness almost none of the multitude of shots in this video were kill shots. Maybe they should ban non-kill shots.

Knew it was going to be a gun fight

The worst part of any hunt is the time between pulling the trigger and the animals last movement. Everything leading up to that moment and everything after is amazing fun and should be celebrated.

I absolutely can do without the kill shot or at least from the second the bullets hits to the end. I have no need to see any animal fighting for its last breath and I have no need to celebrate an animals staggering and falling etc. it is without any question the worst part of the hunt. It is exactly the reason why every single hunter out there should want to take the most ethical shot possible and why we should the quickest and cleanest kill possible.

I honestly would prefer no kill shots at all. The shot and death while part of the process is nothing to celebrate. The meat, the hunt the work, the food, are all to be celebrated and relived but the dumping of blood, the sliding down 200 yards of mountain, etc.

I really hate videos that all they show are videos of them getting dumped.

I am not saying you can’t watch it if you like but I would rather not see it.

Here it is

In fairness almost none of the multitude of shots in this video were kill shots. Maybe they should ban non-kill shots.

Knew it was going to be a gun fight
That was hard to watch. Talk about doing something for social likes and ego and not about doing it right by the animals.

Last edited:
The worst part of any hunt is the time between pulling the trigger and the animals last movement. Everything leading up to that moment and everything after is amazing fun and should be celebrated.

I absolutely can do without the kill shot or at least from the second the bullets hits to the end. I have no need to see any animal fighting for its last breath and I have no need to celebrate an animals staggering and falling etc. it is without any question the worst part of the hunt. It is exactly the reason why every single hunter out there should want to take the most ethical shot possible and why we should the quickest and cleanest kill possible.

I honestly would prefer no kill shots at all. The shot and death while part of the process is nothing to celebrate. The meat, the hunt the work, the food, are all to be celebrated and relived but the dumping of blood, the sliding down 200 yards of mountain, etc.

I really hate videos that all they show are videos of them getting dumped.

I am not saying you can’t watch it if you like but I would rather not see it.

Imo, if your going to film, then film it all. Otherwise dont

Except for us hunters, most people think their meat is somehow manufactured in packages. There are no videos of slaughter houses and the process of how meat gets in the store, so the general public is insulated from even thinking about an animal's death prior to consumption.
I'm saddened that WSF has made that decision. I'm sure their is some public relations rational, but I think the general membership will not approve.
Time to send an email to Boseman about their decision.
[email protected]

It makes a lot of sense. if you want to give anti-hunting groups fund raising material kill shot footage is pure gold. especially the ones where chuckleheads are laughing and whooping it up.

And before you say to hell with them, just look at how successful it is for them. we lost the right to hunt lion and bear with dogs by a popular vote in Oregon decades ago, because out of state organizations ran a billion ads on tv showing clowns shooting cats and bear. and not clean kills but gory ones. and they raise money off them all the time.

It worked, and now our deer populations are so low they should be ESA listed. if you don't think it can hurt hunters you don't understand how the world works. it's like handing your enemy a loaded gun.

It makes a lot of sense. if you want to give anti-hunting groups fund raising material kill shot footage is pure gold. especially the ones where chuckleheads are laughing and whooping it up.

And before you say to hell with them, just look at how successful it is for them. we lost the right to hunt lion and bear with dogs by a popular vote in Oregon decades ago, because out of state organizations ran a billion ads on tv showing clowns shooting cats and bear. and not clean kills but gory ones. and they raise money off them all the time.

It worked, and now our deer populations are so low they should be ESA listed. if you don't think it can hurt hunters you don't understand how the world works. it's like handing your enemy a loaded gun.

The power of the out-of-state majority is powerful indeed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom