Video of Wolves taking down a cow elk!

fstop

A good friend of mine is letting me use video he shot of a pack of wolves taking down a cow elk in YNP for a story on Roughin' It Outdoors this Saturday @ 11:05. But, MM members get a sneak peak in about an hour. We are posting the raw video that he shot. It will be available at about 6pm M.S.T. tonight at: http://www.kutv.com/content/outdoors/default.aspx

The video is almost 50 minutes long most is taken within 100 yards and some at even 15 feet! At one point in the video the wolves jump on the cow as she's in the lake. He even has video of a wolf chasing the cow twice at just under 10 yards. He was one of only a few people who had a video camera. Apparently there were a lot of still photographers there as well. He and a friend go up to Yellowstone every year and have captured some of the best yellowstone video I've ever seen.

Whether you like wolves or not, this is some of the best video showing how these wolves work as a pack and take this elk down. They basically wear her out running her back and forth and into this lake. Check out how the cow and calf get out of the water as far as possible and stand rear to rear to best defend themselves. I wonder if they used this defense mechanism before the wolves were introduced? The cow that is stalked and eventually taken down looks to be a healthy full grown cow.

No doubt great video, I just hope I never see it here.
FSTOP

"I wonder if they used this defense mechanism before the wolves were introduced?"

I think you mean RE-introduced.

The only good wuff, is a dead wuff . . .

2401Smoke-some-wolves.jpg

No, I think he got it right the first time. There was no "RE-introduction" because the bigger deadlier Canadian Wolves were never here before. This is another case of "if you tell a lie long enough and frequently enough it becomes the truth". (Typical in the politacally correct world that works hard to shape our opinons.)
---JadgBob

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom